Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in an accident on the way to work today. What really pisses me off is the asshole never asked if everyone was ok. I got out and went to his car and asked them. Once I realized the third car that he slid into was involved I asked that lady if she was ok. He never came over to me once. ******* asshole. At one point there was a guy salting the sidewalk and he asked him about where the hotel he was headed to was, didn't seem to concered about the accident he just caused.

wtf!

no concern for me or the other lady at all. When I walk up to the car I see him on the phone and assume he's calling the cops.

Nope. He told the lady "I tried and couldn't get ahold of anyone"

Bullshit 911 works everyone and I got right through on the ladies cell phone. (I don't have one.)

Sitting here at my parents house waiting for the shop to call so we can stop by on the way to my house rather then just come back.

Little more info.

Any way I'm in the right lane about to pass the guy.

l <--- him
-l <--- me

He starts coming over and I lay on the horn and brakes but since its snowing I just slide. He just keeeeps coming over and I realize we're about to hit and get pissed before it even happens.

/
-l

Once the front end hits my backend slides and hits him too. There's damage about my back door handle where it hit his mirror.

//

Then he slides into a third car. Not too much damage to her car. I continue to spin and end up up the hill some facing the wrong way.
l
l
l________
= /

l----------
l
l

Them next to eachother and me up the hill with my back to the curb. His car (bottom one) is facing me and hers is facing down the hill, she was waiting to turn out and we came sliding towards her drivers door. [:eek:]

I've got one picture at the scene but my battery on the camera died (figures)

She was from out of town and only here yesterday and today for training.

JUST talked to the body shope while typing. I had to call the guy that hit me to get some info from him also and he STILL hasn't said he was sorry. Asshole.

So far it's up to $6300 and he hasn't gotten to the hidden stuff yet.

quick picture

The rest

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
damn dude, sorry to hear what happened to your TSX. Its sad to see that damage and a guy who caused it as arrogant as can be....which car was his? The Olds or the Grand Am?

Get her fixed soon:(

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
dam she looks horrible...the body kit and everythang. Hopefully his insurance will cover it...and it's only body damage which is fully replaceable. lucky there was no frame or engine damage...did your side or curtain air bags deploy?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Sorry to see the car get damaged, that really sucks, even more so when it is not your fault. with 6300 dollars to start, and don't know what is hidden, ouch.

At least you are ok, and the car will be ok once fixed..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Sorry to hear about it.....btw I assume you're totally OK?

P.S. He sucks.

P.P.S. Were you surprised that your TSX slid like that?
I almost had a really bad mishap the other day, when the car didn't stop the way I expected. It was snowing pretty hard but there wasn't much accumulation yet, and the road didn't look too bad, but for some reason it was really slippery -- the WORST I've ever been on, dunno why. Cars were slipping and sliding all over the place, and there were MANY MANY accidents in the area.
There's this little hill near my house, where you go down a somewhat steep slope to a stop sign. And as I was going down, the car just wouldn't stop, wouldn't even slow down. I just honked like mad, and everybody else was able to get out of the way and stop, and my car did stop just before it hit anything. Scary as hell.
The car had always been REAL GOOD in the past, under all conditions, and we've had some pretty bad stuff the last two winters.
Maybe the tires are too worn for this stuff, gonna check it out. (They're the stock.)

I know it's hard for you to look at it this way at a time like this, but I wonder if you were surprised the car slid like that. I was shocked as hell that my car didn't stop better.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Yikes sorry about the accident tony.
Dont let selfish bastards like that get to you, the accident was enough.
Looks like car body damages but PITA nevertheless.

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear and see that. But it seems like at least you're ok! If he's on the phone when you walked over to the car it sounds like maybe he wasn't paying attention to the road because maybe he was on the phone when he drifted over to your lane!

On something Larchmont said: I was also caught off-guard one time in my TSX. I have stock tires as well and the handling has never surprised me throughout the many snowstorms. The one time was near my house. I have to merge right to go on a path uphill to my place. One day I braked to anticipate the merge to go uphill. The car did not slow down possibly due to some black ice. What was worse was that it would not move right despite the steering wheel was pointing that way. As a last ditch effort I barely applied some gas and finally had the TSX pointing where I wanted to. But not before I clipped some snow on the snowbank. It was a close one! I guess I'm guilty of being over confident in my TSX sometimes.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hazelnut said:
.....I was also caught off-guard one time in my TSX. I have stock tires as well and the handling has never surprised me throughout the many snowstorms. The one time was near my house. I have to merge right to go on a path uphill to my place. One day I braked to anticipate the merge to go uphill. The car did not slow down possibly due to some black ice. What was worse was that it would not move right despite the steering wheel was pointing that way. As a last ditch effort I barely applied some gas and finally had the TSX pointing where I wanted to. But not before I clipped some snow on the snowbank. It was a close one! I guess I'm guilty of being over confident in my TSX sometimes.
Wow! Our situations were similar. Sounds like you did good.
Things like this put us to a test.
Also of course some luck and good fortune are involved too.

I'm interested to know what Tony might say about his thing.
Then again, I could understand if he doesn't particularly care to look at it this way. :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His was the station wagon. No airbags deployed. The angle was right and it wasn't that bad physically. The only part that was sore was my shoulder and that was from tensing up while laying on the horn. I'm glad they didn't go off because it only would've added injury in this accident and cost more money.

The car didn't really slide all that much. Less then a car length and we made contact so I never had much time to stop. It was very fresh snow and on top of slush so it was pretty slick. I've never had any problem on ice. There's a long slopping turn that ices over pretty easily and I regularly push the car on it when it's iced over to test it...if there's no cars parked there. The car handles great and the vsa keeps me straight when I really get into it. The one time where I got worried briefly the vsa kicked in and pulled me out from the slide towards the curb.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Interesting, Tony -- nothing to blame on the TSX.
Right on about the air bags -- didn't need them, it would only have added to the trouble.

In my thing I guess the VSA and maybe the traction control helped me out -- kept the car stable and straight.

Moral of the story:
Snow and ice suck.
@$$h0les suck more.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
hope no damages to those wheels

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
what an ass... i say take him for all hes worth....

glad youre ok tho

·
Registered
102 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Thankfully I don't live where is snows. But it rains alot here. Haven't had any problems w/ the handeling though. Everything is still stock.

Glad to hear everyone is okay and not hurt. Some people can be so stupid! I can't tell you how many close calls I've had. Nothing but old fogies and (No Offense) snowbirds who can't drive! They never look b/f changing lanes or pulling out!

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
there are so many moron drivers....and if they aren't moron's, they are talking on the phone, or looking for cd's, or eating...which makes them worse than morons. either way, you just have to try to drive as defensively as possible, and pray it doesn't happen to you...when it does...pray they have insurance.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ouch!! Sorry to hear/see :(

At least you're ok.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
robert_tsxgeek said:
hope no damages to those wheels
Drivers front wheel has minor damage so I'll be getting a new one. Going to see if I can keep the old one for a spare.

Driving the rental (malibu) in the snow tonight. Good god I miss hids/projectors!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Malibu was my last rental.
I tried like heil to switch to something else but couldn't -- and it was all right. Pretty good actually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope you had witnesses - cause if that guy is such an ass - he will make it very difficult with your insurance company. Once had a similar thing happen to me, but I trusted the guy to tell the truth - big mistake that I will not repeat.

The picture will definitely help - but it appears that you have damage to your drivers side front end. Is that from this accident, though it does not appear to match the diagram you drew. You definitely want to be very clear with your diagrams for the insurance company.
Good luck.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
XST said:
I hope you had witnesses - cause if that guy is such an ass - he will make it very difficult with your insurance company. Once had a similar thing happen to me, but I trusted the guy to tell the truth - big mistake that I will not repeat.

The picture will definitely help - but it appears that you have damage to your drivers side front end. Is that from this accident, though it does not appear to match the diagram you drew. You definitely want to be very clear with your diagrams for the insurance company.
Good luck.

I pretty much expected the same thing since he never once talked to me or said sorry after the cops faulted him. Now it's happening. He's saying it wasnt his fault but there's no worries. My insurance is going to take care of it then go after his for the money.

Yes the front end damage is from this accident. Basically he was on the left and just came over without checking his blindspot causing the impact on the front of the car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts