Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about checking motor mounts on these cars? I'm pretty sure one of them is broken, I just don't know which one it is (front, rear, maybe transmission?). I've tried to do the load test (put car in park, full brake, slight throttle). The engine moves a bit, but it's nothing to indicate a completely failed motor mount.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the engine feels loose. I've dealt with broken motor mounts on different cars before, so you sorta know what they feel like. There is a bit of vibration at idle. It feels like the rear motor mount is done, because it's most evident on downshifts.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Well they aren't hard to find. The front if its on its way out will spit fluid, the side is very easy to see and the rear your going to have to lay on the motor and look below the strut bar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will rear spill fluid as well?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
No I believe the only one that has fluid in it is the front

·
Registered
874 Posts
how many mounts are there? i see 3 is that correct, front, side where the "stiffy" goes and right on the back?

I get a weird clunk sound upon acceleration and breaking trying to figure out WTH it is. no clue yet. thinkin it might be mounts....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've checked today, and rear mount is completely blown. I've ordered one already, changing it out next weekend. The trick is to have someone shift car from drive to reverse a few times and see what the engine does.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Have fun with that rear mount. It takes some time messing w the jack to get it to line up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
For the clunking, check the front LCA bushings and other ball joints. I'm replacing mine this summer and hopefully my clunking/popping noises go away.

·
Registered
874 Posts
REPLICAR if you can do a DIY on this. that would be awesome! and can you elaborate a little on how your checked to see if blown?

DC20 can you also elaborate, i see our cars have some issues with the compliance bushings, can that cause clunking upon acceleration and braking?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try to take some pictures as I go along. It looks pretty straight forward, everything is in plain view, and I'm not new to wrenching, as I've been doing that on my other car for the past 6 years.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It is very straight forward. The left mount is right there, no need to move anything. In the front, the easiest way I found was to remove the radiator. Just make sure to plug or clamp the lines going to it. The rear you have to remove the cross brace and then lay on the motor to remove it and then use a jack to lift and lower the motor until it lines up. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts