Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an issue that I can't figure out.

Do you hear a chime when you open the door from the outside?
Let me explain. I use the key fob to unlock, pull on the handle from the outside, and open the door. Sometimes I hear the chime(once), sometimes I don't. I can't seem to find a consistent pattern and it's really been bugging me. :banghead:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I hear it also. It happens eveytime I set the standard car alarm (lock the doors). Without locking the doors see if you still here it....

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've been wondering about that myself. I only hear the chime if I open the door immediately (within 1 sec) of unlocking it with the keyfob. Any longer, and I don't hear it. The alarm was activated in both cases.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Here's the deal.

That chime goes off if you open a door when the lights are on. (Also in other situations too, I think, but that's off the subject.)

When you unlock the doors remotely, the lights go on for a couple of seconds.

If you open a door during those couple of seconds, you get the chime, because the car thinks you have a door open while the lights are on, which it sort of is although not in the sense that it was designed for.

Pretty silly, huh? They shouldn't have programmed it that way.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Larch. I just rushed out and tried it. Works just like you said.

I guess it's more of a nuisance than a problem since the car is doing what it's supposed to do (chiming when the lights are on) although it doing it for the wrong reasons.

Only another 10 years or so and I'll have this car figured out inside and out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
.....Only another 10 years or so and I'll have this car figured out inside and out.
Not that you can generalize from me or anything, but I had an '88 Legend for 14 years and was still discovering things.

·
'06 CGP w/Nav
148 Posts
Kinda a little off (but similar) topic...has any one figured out if it's possible to have the car chime when I unlock the car using the keyfob? I kinda like that audible feature like in other cars (i.e. lexus) for locking and unlocking the car using the keyfob. I know I can push lock twice on the fob and get it to chime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts