Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I really want. The dealer just said he sold one and a guy put 20's on his that week and it was rubbing in the back... Is it gonna make my car ride rough or what?? What do ya'll think????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
My biggest issue with 19" wheels are that it changes the driving characteristics of the car. I'd consider 18" s and maybe a .5-1" drop.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
478 Posts
rb4580 said:
This is what I really want. The dealer just said he sold one and a guy put 20's on his that week and it was rubbing in the back... Is it gonna make my car ride rough or what?? What do ya'll think????
Dynamically speaking, all that will do is RUIN the (well thought-out) ride quality. It would also ADD WEIGHT (both total vehicle weight, unsprung weight and rotating intertia).

The OEM wheels have the proper offset, are of reasonably high quality and suit the intended purpose of the car very well.

The TSX's ride/handling equation is one of the car's strongest attributes. Why would you want to ruin that? :confused:

If you "must" buy aftermarket wheels then you should focus on FORGED 17" wheels. That will result in SUBSTANTIAL weight savings. Make sure that the wheels are "hub-centric" to ensure proper offset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Usually when someone goes to a +2 size rim they are going for looks. Yes, it will definitely change the ride, handling and height of the car. That's the trade-off.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
478 Posts
NIGHTHAWK-TSX said:
Usually when someone goes to a +2 size rim they are going for looks. Yes, it will definitely change the ride, handling and height of the car. That's the trade-off.
I guess that's why people install useless "spoilers" and flashing"neon lights,"too... :rolleyes:

The looks they SHOULD be concerned about it how BAD they look when they dispear into the rearview of a Buick Park Avenue.:D
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
454 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
I guess that's why people install useless "spoilers" and flashing"neon lights,"too... :rolleyes:

The looks they SHOULD be concerned about it how BAD they look when they dispear into the rearview of a Buick Park Avenue.:D
not everyone cares about speed..
some people want a car for looks

hence the term sho or go.. it's an indivuals right to establish what is more important to them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
In my opinion the TSX doesn't need any add-ons except for some tinting. Spoilers and stuff like that just wreck the natural beauty of the car and makes it just look tacky.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
478 Posts
Equ222 said:
In my opinion the TSX doesn't need any add-ons except for some tinting. Spoilers and stuff like that just wreck the natural beauty of the car and makes it just look tacky.
I can think of one "add on" it desperately needs: A SUPERCHARGER. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
478 Posts
rb4580 said:
Harddrivin1, dawg, Your killing me with all this speed stuff, your a clown!
How about "the MPG stuff?"

Why does the 4 cylinder/5 speed Accord get 26/34 on regular unleaded while the "more advanced" TSX 6 speed gets a mere 21/29 on PREMIUM (but makes just 30 drive wheel HP more)?

Why is that, rb4580?

Explain to me how headers work, rb4580?

How about compression ratio...Why does a higher CR increase thermodynanamic efficiency, rb4580?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
478 Posts
Equ222 said:
You just dont get it do you Harddrivin.
No, I guess I don't "get" why a 4 cylinder/5 speed Accord EX with leather and a moonroof gets 26 city/34 highway on 87 octane while the TSX gets just 21/29 on PREMIUM when the TSX uses the same BASIC engine (with enhancements like a higher CR, lower backpressure exhaust system and "tuned intake runners" that should IMPROVE fuel economy) along with a 6 speed which SHOULD yield LOWER revs (and better MPG) on the highway.

Do you "get it?"

If so, please explain.

The TSX is a mere 183 pounds heavier and is AT LEAST as aerodynamically efficient.

BTW: A Z06 Corvette makes 405 HP and gets 19 city/28 highway.

So, then, the TSX is a lot CLOSER the 'vette's mileage than it is to the Accord's mileage, despite the fact that the TSX uses the same basic engine and makes just 30 more drive wheel HP!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top