Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inquired about getting door handles chrome-ified and was told that it would require stripping the paint & then dipping them in chrome. The cost would be $75-$100 each. I ponder if it would affect any of the remote/key fob functions ... ?

I then discovered the world of chrome door handle covers online but the prices vary greatly: on Amazon some are $20 while others are $80 (for the same car).
Example: Chrome Accessories | Chrome Trim for Cars, Trucks, & SUVs
CARID sadly does not yet have the Acura RLX available.

Does anyone have experience with these things? Opinions, reviews, suggestions?

My big thing is that I want it to look like it came with the car & not an obvious aftermarket add-on (I do not want to spend $60k on a car & then have a cheap/tacky item installed). Most say that they will not fade, crack or turn yellow but you never know. Plus not sure how great the 3M adhesive will be out in the elements. Also, if it only covers the outside portion, does the inner edge dig into your hand when you grab it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rlx

Sorry, should have mentioned that I am in the midst of car shopping & I am looking to move up to what I consider mid-level luxury which is ~$60k. Cars like the RLX & GS (2 of my top choices) do not have chrome door handles - I fear that this is going out of style. So I was trying to see if this was a decent option to spruce up my next ride.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts