Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I have been driving the same 93 Civic for the past 20 years and 230K miles and I'm ready for my first TSX
I think I found “the one”
It’s a 07 manual with 48K miles, so help me out, what should I be looking for when I inspect it/drive it, what should I be listening for, what are some common problems, and what questions should I be asking?
I know I'm brand new to the TSX any help you can give would be great.
I like working on cars, I know I will not need to do much with the TSX, the only thing I was thinking of was to install a Injen Cold air intake kit, not to go faster but so I could get better gas mileage. My civic burnt a valve and I pulled the head, I had it redone and I put it all back together with new water pump, timing belt, drive belts, fuel filter, new o rings for fuel injectors, did the valve adjustment, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, a paint can face lift and its back on the road and running better than it has in many years.
Again thanks for the help
Mark
816-489-2223 6am-10pm central

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
CAI doesnt give mileage improvements, I think it actually hurts them due to hurting the low tq and helping the high RPMS. Icebox FTW

The TSX is very good about making noises...listen for them. Off the line, rolling through gear, and cruising on the highway. Listen for loose joints and bearings.

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
The tsx shifting is pretty sensitive. Don't worry about it, everyone experience it before. I remember test driving it and when I was shifting, it jerk and I thought to myself, I know I shift at a d good speed. It just take some time on getting use to the clutch.

Another thing is the clutch pedal clicking. A lot of manual owners experience this problem. Just browsing in the DIY thread section and you will find what you're looking for.

Hmmmm....but you will always run into some problems later down the road, and we are always here to help!

And for most hp gains, Heeltoe done a research that the K&N has more hp gains then the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so I found a 07 with 48K and got to take it for a spin, the car was beautiful, not a scratch on it. I tried to make it mine but the guy would not come down on the price $17,000. It was a very nice car but just a bit too much for me, I’m I off here, should I have just got it anyway? KBB is at $16,800, I was trying to get something for about $15,000.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Good luck! I am actually in the same dilemma as you as I reccently sold my 06 Civic.... since winter is coming up I am no rushing in pickup another car. I got a 04 civic beater for now...

I was looking at TSX 07+, TL type s, or Lexus IS250... hahaha I know Lexus IS 250 is a jump off the acura/honda but they are nice.

Oh and welcome to tsxclub.com mbrady4him

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Love

Ok I got the car Monday and liked the car a lot, then this morning I got to drive it to work. The drive is 50 miles and the first 15 is on a winding road with a few hills, that’s when I fell in love, I have never driven a car like this, it is solid and likes to go into the turns and then can't wait to go a little faster in the next turn. It was amazing, I never knew driving could be this much fun. The car is very quiet and effortless on the highway, as one person has said "comfortable fatigue free driving".
This took me several months to find and I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but it was well worth the wait and also worth every penny. Thank you for your advice and help. I want to do the clear bra on the front to prevent rock chips. I think I may order the HID kit for the fogs, but the headlights are already very bright I would just like the color of the fogs to match the headlights. I would also like to get a small sub for the trunk, nothing crazy just a little more punch for the stereo. Again thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts