Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Manufactured in Japan by one of the best in the business, this adds to the availability of what headers are available for the CL7. This is compatible with the CL9 with modifications of the catalytic converter and flanges.

Material - SUS304 Stainless Steel
Design Type - 4-2-1
Application - CL7 * CL9 Compatible
Road Legal - Jasma Approved

For pricing, please contact Centrax Auto.

Since I couldn't find any "official" pictures and I forgot to take some before I put mine on. I believe this image is property of Baboo, who also owns a piece of this. :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO ... Worth every cent, not just for a well constructed product but there is good engineering for power gains. There is a significant change shifting the powerband to improve power from mid range all the way to redline when matched with a N1 catback output.

No dyno on individual product, sorry. :slap:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
man i really want that NOW! what kind of modifications are required on the flanges???

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
- Converting the OEM CL9 3-bolt flange on catalytic to fit the new CL7 2-bolt flange exhaust manifold.

- Extension of approximately 5 cm of piping for additional 02 sensor bung if aftermarket high flow catalytic is used. CL9 has 2 02 sensors while CL7 has 1 only.

Any competent muffler/exhaust business can accomplish this task.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
What kind of power gain would this bring about, would it be noticable by itself or would you have to add the headers and exhaust?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd conservatively say it's good for a 10bhp increase or so. Yes, it can be felt no doubts for that sorta power increase even without changing the catback.

And this is the header, exhaust manifold aka header.

·
0 Posts
holy shit.!!

looks like i found what header im going to get for my accord..!

do you know of any modifications i would have to do to it to fit my k24a4 accord?(03 coupe) probably very similar to the mods having to be done for it to fit on the tsx

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, truly can't help you on that one especially when the manufacturer stated it's a CL7/9 application only. That's not a speculation or prediction I can safely say that it'll bolt-on with minimal modifications as indicated above.

If you're lucky, then you might not have any other concerns. But if not, some of other components that might be needed for replacement or modified could be a sway bar, oil filter location, basic wiring etc that are the stuff located around that area under.

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, it's truely a beautiful piece of art.

It deserves to be hang on a wall instead of hiding behind the engine under the bonnet.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Noel said:
I'd conservatively say it's good for a 10bhp increase or so. Yes, it can be felt no doubts for that sorta power increase even without changing the catback.

And this is the header, exhaust manifold aka header.

Sorry im a dope hahah, so is this peice going to be for sale eventually, or is this a one off custom piece?

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Cool, thanks for the information

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
This header looks sweet and it is about $1400-$1500 range.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts