Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today the german Accord CL9 troop had a meet at the Nurburgring. It was my first time there, and also the first time ON any track for that matter. My wife sat shot-gun, filming, so any wierd sounds on the video are from her... (other than the usual tires squealing). It was a great day, beautiful weather, track a bit wet in certain areas, a bit too sunny almost..(couldn't see my dials, so i hit the rev-limiter a few times).. definately a treat!!! It sure takes some getting used to, watching your mirrors for faster cars, keeping the car on the track, and trying to keep the car in a reasonable gear (using ss mode in my AT). Also a meet and greet with the people you (I) only knew by their forum names.. overall a great day. Hot cars and smalltalk, only thing i didn"t have was beer and bbq.... something for next time...
Enjoy the vid, like i said, it was my first time, so it isn't too amazing..
ACC-Man

Reactions: LeeMaster

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i played GT5 with a stock euro r "While watching this" and i think you couldve gone a little faster, maybe the wife is holding you back which i can understand. props for running at nur! :)
haha everyone is faster on GT5 than real life. In GT5 you don't have to worry about little things like, other cars, brake fade, death. :shiner: Although you're right, he could of gone faster a few times. You should have rode the carousel!

Looks like a beautiful day at the track.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In my defence: I tried what was possible with my non knowledge of racing, ALL vehicles should drive with their lights on, which i found wasn't happening, so it was even more difficult to tell how fast the cars coming up were, so i made room readily.. Just after we got off the track, a major accident happened, track was blocked for about 1.5 hrs, some poor soul got heli-lifted outta there, and minutes later an undifineable piece of car was driven past on a crane truck, on it's roof nontheless, coulda been an audi A8 from what we guessed, only the rim hub emblems showing it was an audi, the rest was totaled... so i can be proud that i survived... I thought the guys from the forum were gonna wait for us newbies, to atleast kinda show us the track, but once on the tarmac, they knew neither friend nor foe... but that too is alright.. I think if my lil misses wasn't with me, i would have driven a bit more forceful, which also is a good thing.... thanks for your comments guys!!
ACC-Man
P.S. About the carrousell: did you see those porsches pass me just as i was in that corner?? Also the yellow mini van was bothering me, driving perfect line even though he was slower than me...

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Haha yeah I noticed that. I've always wanted to ride the carousel on the 'ring. You should never push it on the first lap of a track you don't know so you did fine. I was just giving you a hard time. About the picture of the wrecked car, that looks really terrible. I hear if you get in an accident at the 'ring, its ridiculously expensive. Also, there are a ton of people in the background of the picture. Is it always like that?

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yupp, that seems to be THE spot to watch the track, its where the most accidents happen, called 'bruennchen' (translated: the fountain or spring, as in where a creek starts..) Almost all the guard rails are new there, seem to get changed out quite frequently... the crowd was amazing.. gives you quite the adrenaline rush passing them, knowing they are watching you, and trying not to f up too badly... fun shite for sure!!!
the thing with the track is, if you have an accident, your insurance should pay for it, unless they can prove you had a stop-watch running, which would make it illegal cause you are trying to beat the lap record... if the timer in the video would count too, i would not doubt it...

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
the thing with the track is, if you have an accident, your insurance should pay for it, unless they can prove you had a stop-watch running, which would make it illegal cause you are trying to beat the lap record... if the timer in the video would count too, i would not doubt it...
Really? That seems pretty generous on the insurance company's part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts