Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a bit of a search on here and on ozhonda and didnt turn up much other than reviews and a few clearance issues

car is lowered on Tanabe Sustec Pro GF coilovers about 1inch
im looking to get one of the following braces for my CL9
(with intention to buy others in the future)

Front Upper UR-TW2-388

Front Lower UR-LA2-389

along with hardrace front upper camber arms
and hardrace rear lower toe/camber arms

my questions are:

- how much of an improvement does the upper brace make over the stock unit? taking into consideration the clearance + fitting issues with the CL9 vs CL7

- how low does the lower bar hang under the car? i dont really want it to be visible to passers by or be hitting speed bumps etc

- out of the two bars which will improve overall stability of the car the most?

- should i hold out, save up, and get one of the other bars that they offer first?

:sadwavey:

thanks in advance for the advice :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
389 gave me problems lots of clunking. i would go with the 487 instead maybe cusco. the strut bar i cant say as i dont have 1 but eventually wanna go with the alutec.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guys in australia have got the front upper bar to fit - but it requires insulating the a/c piping with heat proof rubber and tape - we have a similar problem with our D series EG here

in order to avoid it i would just get the j's racing brace

im going to pass on the 487 - they make a better H brace but its harder to find

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered the front brace and unfortunately didn't know until I received it that it wasn't going to fit without modification. (The AC lines are in the way). And I still have it sitting in my basement :(

I've also considered getting 487 and 389, but I see Kevins picture above, and I feel I am a bit lower than him, and would hate to not be able to (barely!) clear speed humps around my way. I've considered the RL4-390, which is the 4-pt rear brace...but still worry about ground clearance issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.