Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Well since you asked...

No I would not use this as first, its an expensive gimmick and second, you will end up putting it into a yard sale before the end of the year. You also run the risk of damaging the finish of the plastic cover in the engine bay and possibly the paint on the wheels.

My solution has always been to hand wash the car yourself and use two wash mitts. One mitt I use to wash the main body of the car starting from the roof down. The second mitt is for the wheels, wheel wells and misc under-body parts that show.

After wiping off the car, I use one of the damp towels (100% cotton that my wife discards) to wipe the engine down. If you do this on a regular basis, there is little chance for dirt to collect and the need for steaming devices (IMO).

I've been detailing cars for many years and this has always worked for me. ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hip said:
Well since you asked...

No I would not use this as first, its an expensive gimmick and second, you will end up putting it into a yard sale before the end of the year. You also run the risk of damaging the finish of the plastic cover in the engine bay and possibly the paint on the wheels.

My solution has always been to hand wash the car yourself and use two wash mitts. One mitt I use to wash the main body of the car starting from the roof down. The second mitt is for the wheels, wheel wells and misc under-body parts that show.

After wiping off the car, I use one of the damp towels (100% cotton that my wife discards) to wipe the engine down. If you do this on a regular basis, there is little chance for dirt to collect and the need for steaming devices (IMO).

I've been detailing cars for many years and this has always worked for me. ;)
Thank you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts