Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so I had the clear bra material put on my headlights and foglights this summer. I have the 20 mil material put for my headlights and I also had it on my fog lights...but the 20mil cracked/bubbled/melted when driving home with the fog lights on.

Then my installer put on the 40 mil material and they worked good. No melting/bubblilng/or cracking. But this past Saturday, I was doing a nighttime photoshoot with some friends at night and I left the fog lights on. They were smoking a little, which didn't bother me since it did that before and nothing happened. Then after about 15 or so minutes this happened:

Driverside

passenger side

They browned up on me!!! :(
I've emailed my installer and will try to figure out if there's a solution for this...I hope it's covered under the warranty...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The higher wattage output emitting the light produces significantly higher energy ... I'm not surprised to see him applying something even thicker if not completely nothing at all.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I think my next solution is to have it re-applied..and never leave it on when the car is not moving..or just not having it on at all... :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Yeah...I think my next solution is to have it re-applied..and never leave it on when the car is not moving..or just not having it on at all... :(
you shouldn't have to do that.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tony4311 said:
you shouldn't have to do that.
Yeah...at least I'm not the only one that this has happened to...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts