Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know how to convert the headlights to look like clear corners?....like peeling the orange piece out.... that would be so much better then spending 700 bux for an euro R set of clear corners...please help

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Chilen theres two options, First as u Said, Euro R Headlights, which are pricey, do a search of this forums, someones trying to do something like that, right now there saying its gonna be 50$ for two Clear or smoked corners, Only problem with that, is the fact that you need to install them yourself

In order to install them yourself, your headlight is a sealed unit, so you must first remove it completly from your car, (I belive u need to remove the front bumper as well, to get the lights out btw), After that, you put your headlights in the oven, to weaken up the sealent
then carefully pry them open
then disasemble, not touching anything u dont have to (touch those projectors and there officially F**ked... ) Then reasemble, put new sealent in, and then put them back in the oven... Then Reinstall the Headlights, and Front Bumper to ur TSX, you might have to reaim them afterwards as well...

Personally, its to big a deal for clear corners, I dont mind the orange that much, however if u want to do it, theres ur answer, someone else could prob tell u a little more in depth the above process

·
Registered
256 Posts
Disasembling the headlight after you heat it is a bitch. A very sticky situation if you ask me but not impossible to do.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx alot memphis...i will search around

DateTSX, did u try to take it apart for ur tsx?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I tired it on my Protege5. It's not the same car but I'm sure the idea is the same.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oic, my dad has a protege5, what kind o f mod did u have for it?

any one else have any suggestions for clear corners?

·
Registered
256 Posts
the Protégé belong to my sister now. I don't have much on mods just injen CAI and some little cosmetic here and there. But what I do have a lot is mileage haha

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
if you have any questions about taking your headlights apart... PM loxllxol... i know hes done stuff to his headlights

·
Registered
256 Posts
chyllintsx said:
haha not bad, wat mods u plan on puttin on ur TSX ?
I'm not planning the mod my TSX just yet....I got a few bills to take care first. but I am waiting for the new car scent to go away so I can get one of those air spencer =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts