Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else notice a clicking sound when pressing in the clutch pedal 3/4 of the way in? I'm pretty sure it's the spring, I had the same noise coming from my 2000 Civic Si. Any way to dampen? The feel/noise is freakin' annoying

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I always feel that....I think its normal...My si groaned when I pushed the clutch in....I thank god that sound is gone. My clutch makes a faint click also but I believe its normal.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes, it's normal. You can lubricate the clutch cable to eliminate the light sound but it's nothing wrong.

·
Subway Pervert
59 Posts
YOU BROKE IT!

ok, not really. i just love saying that :D as everyone said, it's no biggie. there are soooo many other sounds to worry about

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jsmonet said:
YOU BROKE IT!

ok, not really. i just love saying that :D as everyone said, it's no biggie. there are soooo many other sounds to worry about
I know it's no big deal, it's just annoying as hell. I just resolved my clicking/poping windshield a couple of months ago :sadwavey:

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Noel:

Where would one lubricate the clutch cable if one wanted to stop the clicking?

I could never find the location on my si? By the shift fork?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had a few clutch problems on my Accord but was due to the master cylinder creaking at the bottom half of travel. The clutch always makes a slight clicking noise but this is normal and is due to the cruise control IIRC.

·
(o'.')-o
318 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and tell them to lub it up, I had the same problem than I noticed my Clutch started to bunny hope at times so I got a new master clutch cylinder and it fixed the problem.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Where would one lubricate the clutch cable if one wanted to stop the clicking?
I can't take a picture to show you, but lubricating is only a temporary/intermitten fix. The sound may still return.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts