Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have noticed that my climate control doesn't seem to be as accurate as it used to be. I used to set the temp at 23 deg C, and it would almost always be perfect. If I wanted slightly colder, I would go to 22, and 24 for slightly warmer.

For the past few months, I have noticed that 23 is usually really cold, and I have to go to like 25 or 26 to get some warmth and stop having ice cold air blown on me. And it doesn't stay constant, it tends to change, forcing me to adjust the settings.

I was thinking of maybe finding the cabin temp sensor(s) and cleaning them? Maybe they're faulty? Has anyone else noticed this issue?

·
Registered
443 Posts
The speaker looking thing near the steering wheel is the air temp sensor. If the little "bulb" gets covered in dust from sampling air all the time, it could be throwing off the reading.

Also, the little bubble in the center of the dash is the "sun load" sensor. If it is blocked or faulty, you could also experience these symptoms.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
The speaker looking thing near the steering wheel is the air temp sensor. If the little "bulb" gets covered in dust from sampling air all the time, it could be throwing off the reading.

Also, the little bubble in the center of the dash is the "sun load" sensor. If it is blocked or faulty, you could also experience these symptoms.
I always thought that was the microphone for the bluetooth.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Mic for Bluetooth is next to your map lights :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Ah thanks! lol

So is there two temp sensors then? One for the internal climate control and one for sensing the external air temp (the temp displayed near the gauges).

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Yes, external temp sensor is behind the front bumper ahead of your radiator.
I always wondered what that loop was for. Wouldn't the ext temp be influenced by the radiator though? That will heat up the air around it, or when moving, cool it off?
Jw

·
Registered
443 Posts
I always wondered what that loop was for. Wouldn't the ext temp be influenced by the radiator though? That will heat up the air around it, or when moving, cool it off?
Jw

Loop? It's just a small sensor with a little probe on it. The manual states it isn't accurate below 19mph due to engine heat reflecting off pavement etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I dunno what changed, but it seems to be more accurate lately. I'm guessing something to do with the hot outside weather throwing it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.