Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to have the vents start blowing air at higher speeds? Even if the climate control in off, it still blows air when I reach about 70-80 mph. It seems to blow stronger as speed increases. If this is normal, is there a way to change that setting?

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
There is a button for air circulation, draws outside air into cabin. You can turn it on/off

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The loaner (09 tsx) I have right now does the same thing, so I'm pretty sure it's not something strange with my car. I'd still like to disable that though. If the fans and climate control are off, it shouldn't be blowing air.

I'll mess around with the recirculation button as well and see if it changes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
you cant turn that off, there is a reason for it believe it or not.

when you breath oxygen, you exhale co2. too much of it would make you pass out, and you would if your driving around with the windows up and no climate control on. so yeah you need fresh air pretty much all the time. its called having a well designed car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you cant turn that off, there is a reason for it believe it or not.

when you breath oxygen, you exhale co2. too much of it would make you pass out, and you would if your driving around with the windows up and no climate control on. so yeah you need fresh air pretty much all the time. its called having a well designed car.
That makes sense. Maybe the car can't tell, but I'm pretty sure it does it with the windows down as well. I'll have to try it though and pay attention.

Don't remember it ever happening in my 09 Si, then again I probably never turned the fan all the way to the off position. It didn't have climate control either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.