Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled headlights apart, cleared them and added audi style LEDs...where is the closest 12V power source for them as I'd like to have them on all the time? Ignition fuse?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
your closest constant is your battery? but im assuming you worded it wrong so my advice is to run a wire out of the fuse box using a fuse tap and a grommet and finding a switching power source, more than likely you can use the parking light circuit.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your closest constant is your battery? but im assuming you worded it wrong so my advice is to run a wire out of the fuse box using a fuse tap and a grommet and finding a switching power source, more than likely you can use the parking light circuit.
Right, well I don't want something on switch, but I don't want constant, constant. I was thinking something like the radio or ignition fuse so the lights just key on. Parking light is just going to switch off when I hit the headlights no?

·
Registered
589 Posts
What I did for my halos was hook them up to the black/yellow wire coming out of the fusebox. It gives constant 12V when the key is in the "on" position. Personally was very surprised as it seemed like I was the only person who has done something like this so far, most others attach them to the parking lights, though it kills the effect of a DRL like situation.

Reactions: Zulu-

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I did for my halos was hook them up to the black/yellow wire coming out of the fusebox. It gives constant 12V when the key is in the "on" position. Personally was very surprised as it seemed like I was the only person who has done something like this so far, most others attach them to the parking lights, though it kills the effect of a DRL like situation.
Money in the bank, thanks buddy. Should have these in in a few days, sanding lenses now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
constant would mean its on all the time- even when your car is off. You want an ignition switched circuit minimally. So don't use the battery + unless you have a switch. i used the wire molder's talking about for my DRLs

and fuse small no matter what. for some LEDs, a 1A size should be good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts