Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade the clutch of the tsx cause i really beat the clutch on a once a week basis...any suggestions on whats the best and where to get one?

Also, if i upgrade my clutch would it make sense to upgrade the flywheel as well? if so what should i get and where to buy... :confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
First of all, what type of clutch are you looking for and how are you gonna be driving this? If you're using this as a daily beater, using a sports or racing clutch is gonna put you in a shitty mood driving all the time. Flywheel also affects RPM changes especially climbing and falling ... Sometimes the OEM clutch system is the best when applying to a road use daily driven car instead of using a sports/race oriented design.

And sports/race oriented clutches are ON-OFF mechanism in design instead of OEM style where you can feather and balance around. Very different driving style when you need to rev and dump clutch and shift with throttle compared with easing into the power/acceleration band.

·
Registered
976 Posts
houstontsx said:
looking to upgrade the clutch of the tsx cause i really beat the clutch on a once a week basis...any suggestions on whats the best and where to get one?

Also, if i upgrade my clutch would it make sense to upgrade the flywheel as well? if so what should i get and where to buy... :confused:
The main question was "where to get one"...i also want to know where to get a race clutch/flywheel (ACT,Findanza,etc.)..some of you have upgrades clutches and flys but never want to tell where u got them?....why?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Exedy has suitable applications for the CL7/9 gearbox. Contact one of your local Exedy resellers/distributors for pricing and availability.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Houstontsx,
from what i see from your first message, you seem to like harassing your clutch every now and then...So if you want to change your clutch, i would suggest an organic clutch where the pressure plate is similar to stock which means the clutch will feel similar to stock but has about 40% more capacity of torque over stock which is good enough for street... and my view is, if you're at the clutch already, you might as well get a new flywheel in...it really helps acceleration, but yes it will be a lot different from stock as the car will be a lot sensitive whether you're pushing the gas or letting the gas go...this you have to figure out yourself.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Thank you John ...

I was about to say, if the CL7/9 and the DC5 transmission isn't the same. How would the DC5 OEM LSD work in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts