, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

I'm still on the edge on using a lightweight flywheel since I love to balance performance with drive-ability. I was also thinking just mating the clutch with the RSX-S flywheel but we'll see. I like to mull things over whenever I make any purchase above $200 :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lol understandable I do too...or I end up blindly throwing money at my car like lately :p

I daily drive mine with the 11.5lb 7 days a week, and usually put close to 100 miles a day in stop/go city conditions during weekdays. Clutch feel and taking off is not as noticeable as you'd think. Just compare it to going from any other car to your TSX, just a different experience. Its not going to have a negative impact in DD'ing. Anything lighter, I'd avoid. But any 10.5lb+ is perfectly fine, after a few take offs, it'll be like stock to you.

There are many of us here on the forums running either DC5R/ACT Ultralite/CC 800-ST as dailies. I HIGHLY recommend it while your trans is down :thumbsup:

Do eeeet :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Yes they are compatible.

If you plan on adding any power mods in future, might as well get a staged clutch kit, instead of an OEM replacement. Just something to consider

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to stay under 300hp. I think OEM should hold up?

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I speak from experience, the Competition 11.5lb flywheel is the perfect application for daily driving with a sporty feel. Ive put about 800 miles on my Exedy 08806 Stage 1 and CC 2-800-ST and i couldnt be happier with the ease of driving and the better performance its given me. Plus Im getting an extra 2 mpg with the lighter FW, Its win-win in my books.

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright you all convinced me. Bought the setup in the original post

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
1,965 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I'm still on the edge on using a lightweight flywheel since I love to balance performance with drive-ability. I was also thinking just mating the clutch with the RSX-S flywheel but we'll see. I like to mull things over whenever I make any purchase above $200 :D
I shouldve let you drive my car, the car felt/drove like when you install UR pulley's for the first time

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys were right. The lightweight flywheel did no effect my day to day driving habits (at least at 11.5lbs). It's pretty much the same.

Also, this Exedy clutch makes the clutch pedal really light! I mean there are times when I literally pound the clutch pedal to the floor because I'm so used to how my original clutch was so heavy. I really like the feel.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
You guys were right. The lightweight flywheel did no effect my day to day driving habits (at least at 11.5lbs). It's pretty much the same.

Also, this Exedy clutch makes the clutch pedal really light! I mean there are times when I literally pound the clutch pedal to the floor because I'm so used to how my original clutch was so heavy. I really like the feel.
lmk if youre around my area. I would love to give it a try.

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still breaking it in. Gonna wait till 500-700 miles until I feel comfortable to get it passed 4K rpm

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Comp Clutch 2-800-ST can be used as well.
Refer to post #2 :thumbsup:

Still breaking it in. Gonna wait till 500-700 miles until I feel comfortable to get it passed 4K rpm
There is no break in for an organic clutch, regardless of any heresay or "manufacturer's instructions/recommendations". It's common misconception :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoy it!!!

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no break in for an organic clutch, regardless of any heresay or "manufacturer's instructions/recommendations". It's common misconception :thumbsup:
Well it definitely doesn't hurt to be on the safe side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts