Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
This happened on both my Accord CB7 and CD7. On both cars, I had a leaky clutch slave and when the fluid would get low, the clutch master piston would bind up and not return. Thus, the clutch would just sit there on the floor. For each car, I bought a new slave and repaired the master. Never had the problem again.

·
porkchop
1,390 Posts
it happened to me also

·
Registered
786 Posts
I had this problem few weeks ago. You need to change both master and slave cylinder. I changed the slave cylinder but it fell again. They changed both master and slave and I havent had a problem. If anything it felt like a new car again =) get OEM ...trust me your safer that way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanted to get oem but I had to wait a day and was 4 times the amount ofthe ones i bought napa .(i work there) the fluid was super nasty and black so I flushed out the lines also.and the slave was the only thimg broke but I replaced both.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Good call on replacing both. It's much easier to replace the master cylinder than it is to tear it apart and fix it. I bought a napa slave for my CD7 and it only took 10k miles to start leaking. Keep your eye on both the master and the slave. If the master starts leaking, it will usually leak on the inside, down your firewall, and into your carpet etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts