Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 6-speed with about 65k on it. I replaced the clutch and flywheel approximately 6k miles ago. I am running a competition stage 4 six puck clutch with the ultra light flywheel. Over the past several hundred miles I have had issues grinding went shifting at high rpm (over 5500). I was getting the infamous clicking noise from my master cylinder so I replaced it and the slave cylinder. Still having the same issues. Overall it fells very notchy and not smooth shifting into all gears. I also recently noticed a squeaking sound coming from the trans at idle. When I press the clutch in slightly it goes away. I am assuming this is an issue with the throwout bearing. Can the synchros be bad? Am I going to have to replace the clutch again? Has anyone else had similar issues? I find it hard to believe the clutch, flywheel, and or throw out bearing is bad since it was all just replaced. Does anyone have thoughts?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Make sure your MT fluid is Honda MTF.

After my clutch replacement I also felt very notchy shifts. I then asked my mechanic if he put Honda MTF in and he said no. Then I changed the current MTF to Honda MTF myself and everything felt smooth again.

Either that or the shop that replaced your clutch didn't do a good job and they should warrant their work. If they don't, then they're not a reputable shop because I made sure the shop I went to has a good warranty. Mine is 1 year workmanship warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.