Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i'm having a problem with my clutch on my brand new 2012 tsx special edition MT. I've got less than 1200 miles and my clutch just doesn't feel right. First, let me start off by saying that this is not my first MT car and I've been driving manuals for 6+ years. I can barely get it to grab in 1st starting on a hill. I have to rev up to around 3k just to get it not to roll backwards. Also, when I'm shifting I do notice that my RPM's stay in place for a brief second before dropping even when I'm off the gas. Is this normal!? I'm really concerned as I've only had the car for 3 weeks and haven't beat on it or anything. My VW clutch was still going strong at 80k miles and I'm less than 1500 in this car and not very happy.

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would the DBW cause this? Isn't it electronically controlled? Could it be giving too much gas to the engine while i'm shifting?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue was not enough oil in the new car from the dealership. It was 2.25 quarts low. GRR. I have a nasty battle on my hands with the dealership now.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The issue was not enough oil in the new car from the dealership. It was 2.25 quarts low. GRR. I have a nasty battle on my hands with the dealership now.
That's not cool, especially when you have a new car.:squint:

I'm not an expert on engine oil levels but isn't 2.25 quarts enough to cause engine damage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I'm not an expert on engine oil levels but isn't 2.25 quarts enough to cause engine damage?
I'm not sure, but I'm not happy about this. It was hard enough trying to find the car with a MT but then they don't even follow the pre-inspection checklist to the T? It's just blindly signed?

EPIC FAIL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just like the civic SI, the TSX does experience a bit of "rev hang", which could explain your delayed response feel. However, if you "think" the clutch is not engaging properly just take it in to the dealer and have them look at it. A new owner will not be turned away by the dealer. They want your service business in the long run. Honda DMW system will feel very different than a VW.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Don't approach the dealer in a nasty way. Ask questions and figure it out. You will get much farther with any dealer by walking in humble. The Acura dealer will not want a nasty battle

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
Hey Man , when the vehicle comes off the truck from honda/acura, they have to TOP it off with all fluids & install fuses. Called PDI process, sounds like they didnt do a good job on yours. Worked for Honda now for over 6 years. Go back up there and ask for the sales manger & tell them whats up or SERVICE DIRECTOR! If that doesnt help,ask for General Manger & raise hell. If they are a corp owned store & you threaten to contact honda corp or they corp people for there own store, they will not want that and will take care of you.
Good luck man

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2012 brand new acura tsx and all i use it for is for work and school, i drive it normal im not a racer or nothing like that, sometimes from 1st to 2nd the clutch grinds a little and lately ive noticed that when releasing the clutch between 1,2,3,4 the car jerks when before it wouldnt, and sometimes when realeasing the clutch in 1st to get moving the rpms drop more than usual and i have to accelerate more than i usually would, what can this be? air in line? adjustment needed? the car is 1 month old only

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey FuddLove, I've had some oil problems with my new 2012 TSX Special Edition too. At about 3,000 miles, the oil light went on. It had lost about 1.5 qts of oil (or maybe was low to begin with). The dealership filled it and advised to watch the level. At 6,000 it was down a quart. It is obviously burning oil. Dealer is doing an oil consumption test by having me come back every 1,000 miles. Not sure how this will resolve itself, but I am researching lemon laws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts