Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is starting to go bad in my 2004 TSX, I have right under 129,000 miles, and i was wondering what clutch/flywheel combo has worked best for you guys? My friend is running an exedy stage 1 in his em1 and he said that he recommends that to me, but I was also looking at the Clutch Masters FX100 clutch kit, I was also curious as to if anyone has but in a Clutch Masters into their TSX? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i'm using excedy stage 1... i like it, Oh and i paired it with a Civic Si K20 (2009) flywheel.. i think it's like 15 lbs... i would suggest like a 12lb aftermarket flywheel, or if not, get the civic si the weight is perfect.. lighter than stock and keeps the reliability of OEM parts.

I had a 8lb flywheel and it made the car feel slower... idk i hated it. but then it could have been the stage 2 6puck clutch.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Go with Exedy at a close to stock power level. Exedy makes hondas clutches so it will be a bit of an upgrade but still with the oem feel and reliability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay sweet, thanks guys, and its saying I have to use the Exedy stage one with the Exedy HF02 flywheel, which is 8.9lbs, so you're saying you put in a factory civic si flywheel or one thats a little lighter?

·
Registered
427 Posts
i would say stay above 10 lbs.... 8.9 is too light, like the revs drop a lot when the clutch engages, feels like no torque.

JDM integra type R flywheel is 12lbs.
Civic si 06+ should be around 15lbs.(i forgot to weigh mine)

Oh, for the flywheel if you decide to use a civic si flywheel or type r, buy the clutch assembly for a civic si too.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I have a clutch masters 13lb steel flywheel and stage 2 sprung full face clutch. Got it online for $500 shipped. Awesome is an understatement, and paired with ingalls stiffy torque damper. Great drivability...

I would check your clutch pedal bracket, it makes it a bit stiffer and those prone to failure and cracking might want to be sure its not going to get worse like mine is.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
If you can't find it for cheaper then $500, ill send you a link.I forget the store name now

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like my stage 1 exedy, but i wish i got the stage 2. Also wish I got a heavier flywheel than the exedy 9 pounder. Overall I'm happy though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts