Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my throw out bearing is going out so I might as well get the clutch replaced as well..........

What are you guys running or reccomend? would you go back with OEM?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im torn with the same, I can either get the stock oem pressure plate and disk and resurface the flywheel for 267 from delray or get an exedy kit w/ a flywheel for 318 from Excelerate.

Problem is im at 185k miles and have no idea what the flywheel looks like.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I vouch for Exedy clutch and Fidanza flywheels. I repped Stage 2 clutch on my Prelude but daily driving that was a biiiii***. I'd recommend stage 1 exedy clutch and a light flywheel. Not sure which one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im just wanting to stay stock for the DD ability

However its crazy since i can get an rsx light weight setup for the same price.

I REALLY wish i could fine an exedy stage 0 with flywheel for RSX. exedy stag 1 + 12lb oem wheel

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I thought it was not recommended to resurface the oem flywheel on the TSX because its a dual mass flywheel?

Either way for your needs, get a new exedy oem clutch replacement kit. Part number is HCK1001. It includes:

Clutch Disk
Pressure Plate
Throw-out Bearing
Flywheel
Alignment tool

basically everything you need. Ive seen it for sale for around $280 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Dont use OEM its an auto adjusting clutch and its crap to be honest.

I love exedy for OEM replacements (Honda uses exedy for OEM). Their stage one kit is perfect, has a very nice bite when you need it but its easy to slip if your in traffic.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
I vouch for Exedy clutch and Fidanza flywheels. I repped Stage 2 clutch on my Prelude but daily driving that was a biiiii***. I'd recommend stage 1 exedy clutch and a light flywheel. Not sure which one.

Try a twin disk, stage 2 clutch is nothing:laugh:

I would also suggest Exedy.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I have competition clutch stage 2 k20 and competition 13lb flywheel, no other mods on an 04 and its awesome, so much difference, got it online for exactly $500 shipped from a store

Sent from my HTC Rezound on VZW 4G LTE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.