Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several questions about Buddy Club N+.

How much more firm are they over stock on the softest settings?

What is the spring rate on these for the TSX?

I dont want a ride that's super bumpy and stiff. I want the car to drive with precision. Like A-spec but with a lower stance( I want to get rid of the wheel gaps).

If you have a suggestion on coilovers that will do what I want (no fender/tire gap) and ride very smooth and almost like stock, post it up.

Try and post a picture so that this thread is helpful to me and others in the futur. Thanks.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Almost any coilover system will meet your needs in the (no fender/tire gap) aspect since they're height adjustable.

The closest to stock ride coilover setup would probably be the Tein Comfort, or Tein Comfort Sports... but they've got quite a hefty price tag on them. I think you mentioned in another thread that you don't want to spend too much on c/o's.

Theres that saying, "You get what you pay for"

·
Loves JDM
578 Posts
I 3rd that. CST's are the best coilovers if you want a ride that is low and rides as nice as stock. Thats the reason why I got them in the first place

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
CST says it all..but heard alot about buddy clubs N+ and heard there pretty good coilovers, im looking to get a set as well, but im not sure about the ride or how it feels.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've got Tanabe S-OC II's and I must say that I really like them. They are very comfortable and my handling is tighter. I don't think they can go down as far as some of the other coilovers, but I'm not trying to get slammed to the ground. In the rear, i've got a 1 gap (not even really) and the front is a bit less than a 2 finger gap. I definitely have a lot more adjustability to go lower, I just chose not to.

·
homie don't play that
587 Posts
i know it's a lot of cash, but in the end what ever you buy and if you even have 2nd guesses. you WILL be happy for the fact that you bought that brand and won't look back.

i'm pretty sure this applies to a lot of people. unless you're baller

·
Registered
552 Posts
BuddyClub N+ :

Spring Rates
11k Front / 4k Rear

also known as approx

615 lbs Front / 224 lbs Rear

On their softest setting, they should ride close to stock, but still firmer.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BuddyClub N+ :

Spring Rates
11k Front / 4k Rear

also known as approx

615 lbs Front / 224 lbs Rear

On their softest setting, they should ride close to stock, but still firmer.
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. How much more firmer? Like A-spec?

What is the stock spring rate on our cars?

Money is not an issue. I could spend $1,500 not a problem. What the problem would be is me being unsatisfied with the drop or ride.

I know that a coilover will be a bit firmer(even on the softest settings), But like I said above I don't want to bounce around like crazy in my car. I still want to maintain ride comfort with no tire gap.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts

Money is not an issue. I could spend $1,500 not a problem. What the problem would be is me being unsatisfied with the drop or ride.

I know that a coilover will be a bit firmer(even on the softest settings), But like I said above I don't want to bounce around like crazy in my car. I still want to maintain ride comfort with no tire gap.

sounds to me like you want Tein CST.
most anything else will probably leave you disappointed in the
ride, but I can't say for sure.

CST can easily get you to a no-gap drop, and if anyone says
anything different than I must say they are either full of it, or
they and I are running different versions of the CST. for I can
easily get down to a no finger gap all around, and lower. in fact
if I couldn't tuck my tires, like I do, then I wouldn't run this suspension.

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts

The tein basics are nice and smooth as well... as for the N+, you definitely will not 'bounce' around.
But you will bounce around if you cheapen out buying good coilovers or cut your springs.
Either way, its up to you and what you like. The N+ is night and day compared to its softest/hardest setting, and you can feel the difference.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Koni Yellows are good shocks and Ground Control are ok but not that comfortable imo. I haven't ridden on em in a TSX but I have in another car and it wasn't that impressive or comfy really...just kinda cheap feeling.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Has any one Tried Koni Yellows and Ground controll coilovers?
Many people recommend this combo, because many places offer custom spring rates at no additional cost.

The Koni/GC combo is also used by a lot of autocross'ers

Side Note:

I have BuddyClub RSD's and they respond pretty well, besides the shock noice I get from them

But I am not fond of their customer service.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with the Koni/GC combo with custom rates because I feel that the rates Buddyclub uses aren't in sync.

RSD's use 11k/5k .
I would have gone with something a little stiffer in the rear and closer together like 11k/7k

Maybe even 12k/8k and just leave the rear on full soft for ride comfort on the street, and then adjust to stiff for the track.

Since you aren't looking for really anything beyond the stock feel:

N+ should get close on softest setting to stock. (I say go with these)
Koni/GC are going to be a tad stiffer on softest if you go with their OTS rates

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I got TEIN CST's (which are currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed) but from what everyone has said they have the best ride quality.

·
Registered
2004 Acura TSX
12 Posts
I got TEIN CST's (which are currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed) but from what everyone has said they have the best ride quality.
I know it's been a while since but......What are your thoughts about them now? I just bought an '04 TSX in need of suspension. Thanx!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts