Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first season running my Tein SS in the winter. Was told I need to grease them and stuff but my mechanic told me I can plastidip the coils and that'll work best. Anyone else ever done this? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else have any suggestion? It just snowed yesterday so I'm gettin worried. Gunna throw my winters on real soon and I'll need to do something to it.

·
Insane Member
162 Posts
plastidip is a good idea. If you have ever plastidipped anything you would know that it is easy to remove. the only issues i see is the suspension travel, you would think that the compressing and decompressing would tear the plastidip. i would just go with greasing and wd40 method. just make sure to check on them occasionally through thw winter if you dont park in a garage and get alot of snow fall

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I guess I'll grease them up when I change to my winters and then WD40 once every two weeks or so. I never park in a garage unfortunately. Don't have any space.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
Wd40 makes things squeak. Lol just use actual rustcheck oil cans to prevent rusting. Plastidip is also a good option. But isnt always easy to peel off. Just make sure when you wash your car, you pressure wash the hell outta the coils and rings to get all the salt off. You shouldnt be worried about rusting. Tje seizing from the rings with salt buildup hurts. I had to wirebrush the hell outta my coils last winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts