Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put k&N cold air intake on my TSX. Has anyone else done the same? Have you noticed improve performance. Besides it's very noisey I'm still not sure I'm getting the extra 10 HP they claim you get. Would aprreciate feed back.:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for reply. I checked out stavox's e-mail. The ironic thing is I'm experiencing just the opposit. My thorttle response is slugish and mid range rpm's slow in coming I wish there was a way to check to see if computer has adjusted for the filter. I disconnected battery as required by I'm not confident in the extra performance I'm suppose to have.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
maybe you should dyno your car, to find out for sure a dyno is required. Before and After install.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's what I've been thinking also. It would be worth the peace of mind knowing I didn't waste 200 bucks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
mtnbiker said:
that's what I've been thinking also. It would be worth the peace of mind knowing I didn't waste 200 bucks
It is not easy to add power to honda/acuras

Most civics have to add headers, exhuast, intake, cam gears, pulleys, and shit load of other things just to gain 15hp+ ..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
mtnbiker said:
I put k&N cold air intake on my TSX. Has anyone else done the same? Have you noticed improve performance. Besides it's very noisey I'm still not sure I'm getting the extra 10 HP they claim you get. Would aprreciate feed back.:confused:
First welcome the asylum, 2nd, not sure why you would experience diminished performance unless something hasn't been properly connected or there is a vacuum leak?

As for the noise, it is very normal for most aftermarket intake systems, especially those that eliminate the filter box to produce louder noise.

Honda equips a resonator tube to help cancel noise which you now have lost due to the mod. There are several manufactuers that offer varying levels of performance gains with less restictive intakes that either keep the box and/or tubing.

At this point your options are tocheck the install for any leaks of improper connections. If you can't find any, I would try and return it. If that's not possible you may have to eBay it and try another brand. Comptech makes an enclosed system that may be a better compromise for you.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/330135.html

Good luck and let us know how you make out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for info. I disconnected battery all night that seems to have helped. Your thaoughts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
mtnbiker said:
Thanks for info. I disconnected battery all night that seems to have helped. Your thaoughts
Sounds like the engine computer got confused after your install. Data collected from the new intake may have caused a glitch due to increased air volume? Just a guess as I'm not there to see all that was changed.

Re-check your fittings to be sure everything is snug and no air is leaking in through a leaking seal or around sensor.

By disconnecting the battery, you essentially caused the engine computer to "re-boot." Perhaps that is all that was needed? Has performance improved significantly or is it about near stock still?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts