Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just got a 2007 TSX.. haven't done anything to it yet. I was wondering what the cold air intake does and what kind to get? Also, is there anything else to get along with that? I don't have a huge budget to put into the car right now, just doing stuff over time. Figured i'd start with the intake first since its not real expensive.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Well, first off, welcome.

Try using the search function in the future instead of making threads. Reason I say this is because this topic has been discussed plenty of times. Probably the most discussed on every car enthusiast forum in the performance category lol.

With that said, a cold air intake allows for more air, cold air to enter the engine. The results is more hp and tq theoretically, since it removes the baffles and resonation the stock airbox has. With that comes sound too.

Real world applications however the power difference to the wheel is minimal. Most of us (like myself) got it for the sound.

There is also a loss of low end torque if you get a cold air intake, though certain ones like a comptech airbox does not have this problem (however it does not sound as loud as people have stated).

Look to spend anywhere from $100-$250 for the commonly bought ones.

Honestly this topic has way more info to be researched on depending on how technical you want to dive into so please search. But this should get your feet wet on the matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts