Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, longtime lurker, first-time poster.

I already googled and searched the site for this as well, but couldn't find a similar issue.

I've owned my '08 since March when it was purchased as a CPO vehicle from a dealer down here in Atlanta. Have roughly 42k miles on the odo.

Today's the first day that it's been below well below freezing since I've owned it (~25 degrees) and is most likely the coldest day I've owned this car. When I started her up in my garage, instead of the usual high idle, it shot up immediately to 4000 RPM much to my surprise. It had been sitting unused for approx 36 hours).

In normal operation, I wait a few minutes until the idle dies down to 1000 RPM or so before driving off (I used to own a heavily modified turbo Subaru Forester so I'm anal about letting the car warm up properly), so I waited a couple minutes until it died down a bit (not normally what it used to). It might have been my mind playing tricks on me, but my MPG for my 12-mile drive to work seemed lower than usual as well.

If it matters, the battery was changed under warranty during my last routine service appointment.

Any thoughts? Has this happened before to anyone? Perhaps a problem with my o2 sensor?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
4000 Rpms?? Something sounds wrong..Normally I start at 1500 Rpms on a cold start..

Can't help you on this one, sorry..but bump for you.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
1500rpm cold idle over here as well. If I'm not mistaken, isn't the rev limiter 4000 in neutral? perhaps this will give some people ideas for suggestions.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
It was 34 when I left my house this morning and she was idling right around 1800 or so.

Not sure if its normal or not. Sorry.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
I think its 4500 for 6 Speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts