Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2004 acura tsx with factory woodtrim. Does anyone know the colour of this woodtrim. I want to get a woodtrim kit but i need to know the colour. Thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are getting the OEM accessory wood trim kit, there is only one, so it shouldn't be hard to source. I have it in my 08 and it really pulls the interior together and makes it look more luxurious.

The name for the wood (really paper under laminate) is "Firehorse" but nobody ever uses the name, just "interior wood trim kit."

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are getting the OEM accessory wood trim kit, there is only one, so it shouldn't be hard to source. I have it in my 08 and it really pulls the interior together and makes it look more luxurious.

The name for the wood (really paper under laminate) is "Firehorse" but nobody ever uses the name, just "interior wood trim kit."
Can you post a picture of your interior? I have wood trim also and would really like to see what yours looks like after adding the kit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can see a photo at:
Acura Trim Kit (TSX) - Bernardi Acura Parts and Accessories

The car in the photo has an accessory MP3 player in the center stack. Normally, that cubby door is also covered by the wood trim kit. The plood steering wheel is NOT part of the kit; it's a separate option.

The part number is 08Z03-SEC-210. The panels cover the center stack, around the gear shift, the cupholder cover and also all four door armrests. I think nine pieces in all.

It's a DIY job but I had my dealer install it before I took delivery. That way it was covered by the 3/36 warranty.

·
-
1,560 Posts
I seriously hope you guys are joking about installing fake woodgrain in your cars. :rolleyes:
Any woodgrain should be ripped out & given to your Grandma.

Perhaps start reading the Performance oriented sections of this forum instead... ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I seriously hope you guys are joking about installing fake woodgrain in your cars. :rolleyes:

Perhaps start reading the Performance oriented sections of this forum instead... ;)
The stock tan leather + black dash + woodgrain finish makes the car look more luxurious than the all black and silver finish IMO

·
Registered
29 Posts

I am not sure it's any worse than the fake metal or carbon fiber in other TSXs. And what exactly does the trim have to do with performance? You can have the same mods under the hood regardless of interior.

For the parchment interior, the extra wood trim pieces make the dashboard and center console come together more cohesively, rather than just random bits of wood and black plastic.

Some people prefer a luxury look to their interior, and others not. To each his own.

It's interesting to note that Acura/Honda have put the wood trim back in the 2011 TSX base, and it's a popular option in the Euro and Japanese Accords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts