Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

After spending many years reading the forum, and registering about 2 years ago, finally decided to dig up my password and actively log in and participate.
I have 05 TSX 6 speed, Premium White (owned since 05) and in the GTA area.
Mods include:
A-spec body kit & spoiler.
CT short shift adapter
Hondata reflash
K&N dropin filter
18" ASA AR9 wheels
Dunlop direzza Z1 star spec 235/40R18
TEIN CST (about an inch drop), full soft on street, full stiff on track.
Front and rear fenders rolled.
Progress RSB on stiff
RacingBrake front and rear slotted discs
RacingBrake SS lines
RacingBrake ET500 street pads all around
Track pads: Hawk DTC60 front and HT-10 back
Motul 660 fluid
Speedbleeders (removed)
Calipers painted black.
Nokya H1 2500K Yellow daytime running lights/hi-beams bulbs
JDM fogs
Tint 35 front 20 rear
No camber kit on rear, so natural negative camber and toe-in in back from minor lowering.

Car is very balanced and handles good at the track and is a daily driver.
I actively track my car at HPDE and lapping events and slowly moved into the advanced group.
Mainly at Mosport GP track is where TSX realy shines.
Also drove at Mosport DDT, Shannonville, Cayuga TMP, and autocross.

Will be actively participating in the discussions about tracking the TSX.
I know there are couple of threads on tracking the TSX, but since I have never seen a TSX at any of these tracks, feel free to chime in if you track yours!

Cheers!

:festive:

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
ooooooooo cant wait for you to put up some pics!! welcome

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'd like to see some pics too :)

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
:worthlesss

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol
Thanks all. I feel so warm and fuzzy.
Will get some pics, I'm still trying to figure how to use the forum and was wondering if there is a way to get a notification whenever someone posts in the discussion thread I'm participating in.

I saw somewhere that there is also and embed function where i can just wrap a link to a pic and it will embed it in a thread so will try dig that up.
But the pics probably won't excite you much as my goal is to keep it as street sleeper, so the only real queues are the rim and a slightly lower stance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how are the negative cambers treating you? is it killing your tires?
Hi!
Yes and no...kind of! :jester:

During Street driving: not a whole lot

High speed track driving: some minor wear towards the inside can be noticed, but nothing to be worried about.

Extreme cornering on short technical tracks and autocross: the toe in style wear is very obvious and is there! However, this is mainly due to extreme corner and lean from the softy Tein CST. So during extreme corner rear inner tire are on the inside edge. And Direzza's are fairly wide and have a flat sidewall, so the corner of the tire is pretty sharp as well.
The toe-in adds a little bit to it as well.

So to get more life out of them just swapped rear left to right last week.

Keep in mind I push the car to the point where the rear tires start to blister and get track rubber junk baked onto them :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the club. I'd love to take mine to the track someday.
You should! It's awesome to drive and to learn on.

I went to the BMW comparison (xDrive) event last weekend in Toronto, comparing new 328, 335, 335M, G37x, TL sh-awd, A4 T2.0, C300 and it was the oddest feeling ever when none of these cars (except may the 335M with forced oversteer) could go around the cones at speed of what I am used to in the TSX. The tire squeel at low cornering speeds especially in 328i was very very weird to hear.

Try to find a safety oriented one day HPDE track event, where rules are clear and speed daemons are controlled and subdued and you'll never look back! The only part that sucks is the $$ that you will continually be spending on upgrading the car - lol.
I was warned when I started and it is true! It's extremely addictive.rrrrrrrrr6

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, very clean looking TSX. Good to have you up and posting!

note aside: to follow a thread(any thread) you can subscribe to it and notifications will sent when something new pops up. It's up top of the first post in the "Thread Tools" tab.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
How is the CST on full soft during street driving? Is the ride softer than stock? Also, I plan on installing my CST with only the minimum drop set, would you recommend running no camber kit as you do, or should i install one?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How is the CST on full soft during street driving? Is the ride softer than stock? Also, I plan on installing my CST with only the minimum drop set, would you recommend running no camber kit as you do, or should i install one?

On full soft it is very comfortable on pretty bad roads. Not sure if it is softer than stock - some people say it is - but I'd say it's just different as the valving and shock design of these is different than stock and the springs are also different. Plus the spring pre-load changes with ride height - so the higher you are the softer it will be.

And no, you won't need a camber kit on the front if you are running stock wheels. I think with stock wheel you can go very very low and still not rub anything at all. I don't rub from normal driving or tracking. But I do rub a lot on front during extreme autocross that gets the inner rear up in the air. This is even with fenders rolled due to the my wheels being +45 offset and running 235 rubber. And with Direzzas - that is pretty wide. If I had much stiffer springs I wouldn't get such a dramatic dive to get the rubbing. Also on the front your wheels stay straight so you don't have extra wear.

If you are asking about the camber in the rear, then keep in mind that you will get a little toe in as well as little negative camber from lowering the car. The lower the drop the more degrees you get.
After you install CST you need to get an alignment, which will tell you what your situation is. Also the wider the wheel the more wear will be noticeable. Same applies as your driving style gets more aggressive.

However, if you absolutely want the camber and toe setting on all 4 sides to be within factory spec, you will have to get rear camber kit like Ingalls as our stock rear suspension is completely not adjustable.

I hope this answers your concerns as the question was fairly general :mardi:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.