Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up from New York. I am going to be coming to Cali in september for college. im going to Cal State Northridge. Im am going to be bringing my tsx out with me because im going to need a car. I have an 09 vbp tsx. Anyone around the Northridge area? on weekends i can drive around for meets as its not very far from LA and other places. I am looking forward to getting to know the Cali crew and attending some meets. i am also looking forward to not having to deal with salted roads and going into winter mode for the winter. It may be a little interesting driving around cali with ny plates though lol. here are some pics of my car...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
If you have the money to sustain the necessity, then youre gonna love it here. I'm nowhere near northridge so I can't be of help. I just know that paying for good weather is pretty expensive. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
woot more modded second gen! :woot:
u'll like cali, just watch out for popos with tints, no licence plate, and ricers wanting to race u. :thumbsup:

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Welcome to the area! I live a few miles away, and I work maybe a mile away from CSUN (at the local police station). Just don't text while driving, use your HFL, and follow the traffic rules (no california stops, speeding, etc)...and you should be fine (just be extra careful around motorcycle cops, since they are more strict). Oh, and don't try to cross Nordhoff Street on foot...students tend to get hit by cars there.

We don't have many meets in the (san fernando) valley, so you'll need to drive to other areas [usually the other (san gabriel) valley] for meets. I went to clubrsx's forums and saw several CSUN threads, so I guess you might find more local people there. I don't know how the RSX owners feel about TSX owners though...lol

There are some nice roads to drive in the nearby mountains (since we're in a valley, we're surrounded by them). I'm sure you'll enjoy the area.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
^ +1 on motorcycle popos. thats how i got my ticket :lol:
def come out to some meets and rep the 2nd gens! not too many of us :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Def looking forward to meets and getting to know you guys.

SoCaliTrojan: Do you think ill get any hassle for looking the way I do plus having new york plates?

Ed: I'm def looking forward to repping the 2nd gens. Haven't seen any at meets here so looking forward to having other 2nd gens at meets

DJFuzzee: sounds good. Looking forward to cruising the nice cali roads wit some fellow tsx'ers

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
honestly it really depends, i mean you dont have any fart exhaust and super dark window tint with ricer lights, so you should be fine if you arent driving recklessly or anything. i've seen many ppl with tinted tails running around

with that said tho, there is still a chance so just watchout lol

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
SoCaliTrojan: Do you think ill get any hassle for looking the way I do plus having new york plates?
No, I don't foresee any issues. My windows are tinted as dark as yours (20%?) and I haven't been pulled over. I think with out-of-state plates, they are lenient since you might just be visiting and they don't know what's legal for you. (On a side note, if you decide to visit Las Vegas over a weekend, their cops are more strict on people with out-of-state license plates, and will let local people go if they can chase after an out-of-towner.) If you break any traffic rules though (ie: moving violations), they'll probably add your tint into the list of violations.

As for the tinted tail lights, I see them every so often. As long as the lights are bright enough to indicate that you're slowing down, you should be fine. If they are too dark, though, I'd be more worried about inattentive drivers rear-ending you (I see Traffic Collision reports like that every few days).

You should note, though, that not all areas here are the same (jurisdiction and thus, leniency). For example, Burbank and Glendale have their own police force (they are not part of the City of Los Angeles), and they are super strict. I have heard of them ticketing people for doing u-turns that would be legal elsewhere, ticketing people who stop for just a second to pick someone up, etc. Some cities like Pasadena will ticket me as soon as they know where I work because they hate us so much...lol

^ +1 on motorcycle popos. thats how i got my ticket :lol:
def come out to some meets and rep the 2nd gens! not too many of us :(
The motorcycle cops are from Valley Traffic Division, so they are entirely dedicated to traffic enforcement. They will pull people over for minor violations. Regular patrol cars usually operate out of the local division and are usually patrolling for crime and more serious matters (unless you blow a light or have a bad headlight at night).

Motorcycle cops are so serious and strict...but I guess it's dangerous being out there on a bike. Being there in the freezing cold or under the hot summer sun is no joy either. They're cool in the station, but I think I would be nervous if they pulled me over, even though they probably wouldn't ticket me once I identify myself.

One of these days maybe I'll go to a meet with my sister's stock 2010 TSX. She's not into modding her car. I think she has only washed her car once when she drove it through a gas station's car wash. I felt bad for the car, so I washed it myself a week ago...lol

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
No, I don't foresee any issues. My windows are tinted as dark as yours (20%?) and I haven't been pulled over. I think with out-of-state plates, they are lenient since you might just be visiting and they don't know what's legal for you. (On a side note, if you decide to visit Las Vegas over a weekend, their cops are more strict on people with out-of-state license plates, and will let local people go if they can chase after an out-of-towner.) If you break any traffic rules though (ie: moving violations), they'll probably add your tint into the list of violations.

As for the tinted tail lights, I see them every so often. As long as the lights are bright enough to indicate that you're slowing down, you should be fine. If they are too dark, though, I'd be more worried about inattentive drivers rear-ending you (I see Traffic Collision reports like that every few days).

You should note, though, that not all areas here are the same (jurisdiction and thus, leniency). For example, Burbank and Glendale have their own police force (they are not part of the City of Los Angeles), and they are super strict. I have heard of them ticketing people for doing u-turns that would be legal elsewhere, ticketing people who stop for just a second to pick someone up, etc. Some cities like Pasadena will ticket me as soon as they know where I work because they hate us so much...lol

The motorcycle cops are from Valley Traffic Division, so they are entirely dedicated to traffic enforcement. They will pull people over for minor violations. Regular patrol cars usually operate out of the local division and are usually patrolling for crime and more serious matters (unless you blow a light or have a bad headlight at night).

Motorcycle cops are so serious and strict...but I guess it's dangerous being out there on a bike. Being there in the freezing cold or under the hot summer sun is no joy either. They're cool in the station, but I think I would be nervous if they pulled me over, even though they probably wouldn't ticket me once I identify myself.

One of these days maybe I'll go to a meet with my sister's stock 2010 TSX. She's not into modding her car. I think she has only washed her car once when she drove it through a gas station's car wash. I felt bad for the car, so I washed it myself a week ago...lol
yeah haha i heard the motorcycle cops are strictly for traffic...from what i learned in my 8 hours of traffic school after i got my ticket :bill:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts