Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 TSX wagon had a psychotic episode yesterday. The alarm kept going off, the headlights went on by themselves, and the remote entry stopped working - all with the car parked and turned off. It showed errors for virtually all systems: ABS, transmission, VSA, and probably others. I disconnected the battery for a few hours so that the lights wouldn't drain it. After reconnecting, it showed no errors. It started and drove fine. However, there are several things that don't work now:
  • Radio and entire center console display (it's blank, like there was no power)
  • Remote entry (wireless key fob). I can only open the rear hatch if the ignition is on.
  • Interior lights
  • Seat memory
After a restart, it also doesn't remember that I had cruise control turned on, and trip fuel mileage calculations start fresh (although it does remember trip distance).

I've checked all fuses that have anything to do with any of these systems, and they're all fine. It's a relatively new battery that's strong. All cables, connections, and fuse blocks are clean and solid as far as I can see.

Is there a computer or PCB that controls the subsystems that aren't working now? I'm trying to imagine a single failure that would affect all these different systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a later generation of electronics - the CD and AUX keys are separate, and the TSB doesn't apply. I think this is the right ballpark, though. There must be a PCB or module that manages all the systems that aren't working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts