Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have mentioned about my friend shopping for the TSX after she has seen mine, I would like to give an update just to close the loop, plus her shopping of TSX bring up some interesting points for discussion.

She went to all dealers, but only one Acura dealer has the car she is looking for M Silver or Satin Silver with auto and navi. The dealer would only -500 from the MSRP no more, and even require her deposit ( I think that dealer is trying to rip her off) All the other dealer doesn't have any car within the next 2 weeks.

The next day she went to Accord dealer and the guy gave her a great deal. $23700 for the Accord 4 cyclinder EX with navi. , foglights, mud guard, visor...etc..

She said that the Accord 4 cyclinder with navi is the exact same car (in spec) as the TSX, but she paid at least $5000- $6000 less. I think about the whole thing and it's tough for me to argue otherwise. It is because if I look at the spec, they are basically the same ?

Would you agree ?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
She is looking to get AT or MT ? --- IMO if AT, she is better off with the EX
How much MORE does she like TSX interior better than EX ? if not that much , go with EX.
Is she looking to get some fun out of driving ? if not really --- go with EX.

Once I sat inside the TSX & had a good look at the whole dash & realized it is
100% JDM model --- there was no ifs, buts....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
She is looking to get AT or MT ? --- IMO if AT, she is better off with the EX
How much MORE does she like TSX interior better than EX ? if not that much , go with EX.
Is she looking to get some fun out of driving ? if not really --- go with EX.

Once I sat inside the TSX & had a good look at the whole dash & realized it is
100% JDM model --- there was no ifs, buts....
Oh yeah. forgot to mention....she is getting AT. I haven't been inside the EX myself. However, if everything is comparable and the price difference is close to $6000. Then the fiercest competition of the TSX will be Accord 4 cyclinders EX !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
4 cylinder Accord only has 160 horespower vs 200 for the TSX. As a 4 cylinder Accord owner who lusts after a TSX, I can say the TSX wins my vote, hands down. If she is just looking for transportation with Honda quality, get the Accord. If she is looking for a car that is a blast to drive.... get the TSX.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PSU ODY FAN said:
4 cylinder Accord only has 160 horespower vs 200 for the TSX. As a 4 cylinder Accord owner who lusts after a TSX, I can say the TSX wins my vote, hands down. If she is just looking for transportation with Honda quality, get the Accord. If she is looking for a car that is a blast to drive.... get the TSX.
As robert said, if it is AT that we are talking about, is there any significant difference between the 4 cylinder Accord EX vs. the TSX ?

Although, I own the TSX and still very much in the TSX camp, but when I try to look at things in perspective. I would have to consider what's the extra $6000 buy me...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Diesel said:
As robert said, if it is AT that we are talking about, is there any significant difference between the 4 cylinder Accord EX vs. the TSX ?

Although, I own the TSX and still very much in the TSX camp, but when I try to look at things in perspective. I would have to consider what's the extra $6000 buy me...

I looked at it this way when shopping: The extra $$ buys me everything I really like to have EXTERIORLY in a new car - MBenz style door handle (Chromed !), side-mirror-blinkers, best-/cleanest looking dash, Acura pampering, a couple years of that that exclusive feeling.

Tho I got the feeling none of the above matters to your female friend.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
I looked at it this way when shopping: The extra $$ buys me everything I really like to have EXTERIORLY in a new car - MBenz style door handle (Chromed !), side-mirror-blinkers, best-/cleanest looking dash, Acura pampering, a couple years of that that exclusive feeling.

Tho I got the feeling none of the above matters to your female friend.
I haven't looked at the Accord EX yet, so I don't know the real difference when I actually see her car. Just by the spec, they are the same (except the engine) She said even the navi is the same as my TSX. I have to take her words for it for now. I am looking forward to see her car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts