Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TSX is meant to compete with the likes of the Audi A4 (FWD), Saab 9-3 sedan (FWD) and the Volvo S40 (FWD), and so far, it competes quite well.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
well said. I did test drive the 9-3 vector.... and picked the TSX

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I think the new Volvo S40 looks pretty cool. Though I am having a lot of fun with my new ride, well not exactly new, but new to me (1993 Honda Accord LX sedan). I bought it on Saturday! :festive:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
-phase- said:
how come you've added the honda to your stable?
I have a soft spot for 4th gen Honda Accords (1990-93).....and I knew I had to get one again. Last summer I lost my pride and joy 1992 Accord EX to a hit and run driver. It was sad to not have that car, plus it was pretty good on gas and looked cool. Then when I heard someone at my church was selling their '93 Accord I had to get it! I paid $500 for it, then again its not in the best shape, but it runs perfectly.

Here is the thread on my previous Accord:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2196

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
burgundy red color

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
the Volvo S40 looks sooooo tiny. I liked the look at first until I saw one in person. Blah! The A4 has a great look! Always loved the look of Audis and the AWD aspect, but the interior is just ok and its overpriced in my mind. I'd get a TL over a A4. The 9-3 sedan looks nice, but I don't really like Saabs troubled electrical history, so blah. LOL.

I'm very happy with my TSX purchase.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I almost went w/ the S40 but now I'm glad I didn't. Now that I'm seeing them on the road they look kinda like a bubble. And for being a turbo (2.5T) it wasn't that much quicker than the TSX. I love the look of audi's but got scared away by all the bad consumer reports. Plus to get it comparably equipped it'd be ~$5K more. I'm glad we went w/ the TSX too.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
There were 2 things that kept me away from the 9-3, one was the fact only one dealer in the DFW area, and the other was it was in Dallas. They also had no vectors...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts