Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a sound clip of the comptech exhaust? The website says it's a low deep tone which sounds good to me but I'm interested to know if it's REALLY loud.

We just got a CAI and are waiting to receive it. We plan on doing CAI, header & exhaust to increase performance. I know the combo of all these things will definitly increase noise, but can anyone tell me if it's unbearable? In other words, if I have my radio on will I have to blast it to hear it....?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's wrong with Comptech? From everything I've read it seems very reputable. Is it just the noise you prefer with the other brands or is the power more?

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
1blue1.gif Feels JDM 1blue1.gif

:slant: comptech, give me a break :tard:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
flfungirl said:
Does anyone have a sound clip of the comptech exhaust? The website says it's a low deep tone which sounds good to me but I'm interested to know if it's REALLY loud.
Do you have any specific dimensions? Design? Product images? If so, I can give you an average idea. But from my guess (Which is often fairly accurate). This will be an acceptable setup, it will not be loud and illegal. Instead, it will compliment whatever you're running for a more improved overall driveability.

·
Registered
149 Posts
flfungirl said:

We just got a CAI and are waiting to receive it. We plan on doing CAI, header & exhaust to increase performance. I know the combo of all these things will definitly increase noise, but can anyone tell me if it's unbearable? In other words, if I have my radio on will I have to blast it to hear it....?
The comptech exhaust is a pretty loud exhaust, but still should be under 95db rating. You'll be able to hear it with the radio on pretty well, unless your blasting the radio. Then you'll slightly be able to hear it.

The closest thing I've found to a Comptech exhaust clip are these two I've saved on my computer from awhile back. Unfortunately, the exhaust is on an RSX Type S, but i think it gives you a good idea of the tone of the exhaust.

Might wanna right click save as for these ones.

Comptech solo
Stock vs. Comptech(18mb)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Comptech 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold

Comptech Catback Exhaust

Based on the images and descriptions provided by Comptech. Both products are designed for street use, making it not noisy or cause any carb/emissions issues.

I can see that the Comptech catback uses a sports type muffler with a dual muffler output, you'd get slight improved exhaust gas flow but it's not going to be obnoxiously loud neither will it net much if any gains. Max 5 bhp, even that is a very generous prediction.

Note - Comptech has no power/dyno graphs indicating power gains on either of the 2 following items above. So I'd not be suprised if you don't get or feel any power improvements.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually, the graphs for the intake, header, and exhaust as well as all of them together can be found on the Comptech TSX page. I think it's like the 3rd or 4th link down unless of course they got rid of it. Been awhile since i strolled through their site.

flfungirl, with the Comptech I/H/E combo, the peak gain is somewhere around 12-13whp for a total of around $1600 for the three mods. Thats maybe like $120-130 for every 1whp you gain. Not really best bang for the buck imo. :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an old post, but the comptech nsx is in the newest BMI with Keiichi Tsutchia (spelling?) commenting on it and approving so as far as JDM goes, it at least meets their standards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts