Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which headers do you guys think are better?

I know the comptech stuff is priced high. But i think i remember reading that the gains were pretty good. Anybody kno exactly how much of a gain they give (aside from the DYNO done by comptech)

So yea overall, which headers do you guys think are better to go with?

I kno the DCSports ones are like $300 cheaper than the COMPTECHS, but if they gain from the comptechs is a lot more, than I think I will go with them..

wat do you guys think?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I am also in the market for a header at this time, but do not know anyone with either of the header's you have mentioned.
I can tell you though that I was very happy with the DC Sports header that I put on my 2000 Civic.
Both the DC, and Comptech headers are very nice pieces, but as you mentioned, the Comptech is expensive.
No Mugen header yet (I know you were waiting for that Tony), so I may opt for the DC in the mean time.
Please let us know which one you decide to go with, and how you like it :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of right now, i'm leaning more towards the DC SPORTS headers, more bang for the buck..

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
I think there is a thread on one of the other forums with a dyno of them. The comptech headers do not give the gains of the DC Sports. Plus they are way more expensive, close to 600 bills at modacar.com

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
I can tell you that I had DC on both of my hondas and it was a good system, comptech is outrageous with the dollar amounts and I feel DC is way better IMO.........I think im gonna go with what the wallet tells me lol :)...... DC it is unless I hit a huge lottery!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
31 Posts
i just put on a DC Sports Header and Exhaust. I don't know the exact gains, but i can tell you this, I can tell a pretty good difference just from driving. I looked at the specs on line for Comptech and for a CAI, header and exhaust, the gains were very minimal. I also have a Injen CAI. The combination really makes a strong difference.
I recommend getting the DC, they've always made good horsepower across the board on any vehicle you put them on.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
It sounds like DC headers are backordered for 4-6wks and if you ask I-MOD over on the other forum about the quality I think you'll find he wasn't too impressed. The entire flex tube separated from the header after only a week of use.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
118 Posts
comptech is the way to go i am looking to buy a header for my tsx . so should i contact comptech and see if you can get some poeple together for a group buy on this header. also dc has been making that header since last november . their so slow. also comptech is satinless steel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
At this point I would go comptech as well

As you know IMod, Dani and myself have had our header section seperate. Looks to me as if there is a very weak weld and that the piece needs to be at least a 1/2" longer. I called DC Sports today, left messages and recieved no response. I am going to have the pieces welded back together at work tomorrow. I will post pics of the fix.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
I cant believe that DC would sell you a defective header...looks like a crappy weld .... damn thanks for the information ... and sorry about the busted header

·
TSX of the Month Winner
209 Posts
i had the same problem with my DC header. I had it put on a month ago and it blew out today. Dont go for DC they sucx. For now i think you should stick with the stock header until something comes out without that flex pipe.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
coujac said:
I am still trying to contact DC Sports.
I am amazed that they are not taking care of you! Before AEM bought DC Sports, they had great customer service. Please let us know how it goes.
Thanks, and good luck!

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
man that is foul!!! and as joker said since they got brought out buy AEM...they aint been right since..... good luck bro and hope everything goes well!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts