Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this product sheet from a local Acura dealer who sells Comptech products.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's interesting to me is the letter that accompanied the Comptech sheet. It mentions that "Comptech USA is the only performance aftermarket company approved by American Honda Motor Company..."

That's news to me, has anyone else heard this?

If so, that means there should be no warranty violation if these "aftermarket" parts are installed?

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I believe that is the case...if you have an Acura dealership who's certified to install Comptech parts. But you'll get a better answer from the dealer than me :D
I've only heard...but do not really know. I'm going to ask my dealer the next time I see them to see if they'll install a Comptech rear sway for me and keep it under warrantee.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O. W. Kone said:
YES. That's the only aftermarket part that the dealer will install and Honda will not invalidate warranty.
"Cozy" arrangement...

No Larch, I haven't checked to see if this was the first time anyone here or at other forums used the word "cozy?" :rolleyes:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
some will even give you a warranty on the part if you let them install it

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
The dealership I bought my car from will install them and only warantee the installation, but not the part itself...for 30 days.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
interesting, but I wouldn't mod the car until my warranty expires anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts