Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently using this product on their 04 or 05 TSX?

·
Registered
125 Posts
04, 5AT. icebox being delivered today, hopefully installed by this weekend.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Yep, I've got it on my 04' CG. Pretty easy to install and keeps things nice and quiet(low growl). Excellent quality.

·
Registered
125 Posts
1TSXer said:
Yep, I've got it on my 04' CG. Pretty easy to install and keeps things nice and quiet(low growl). Excellent quality.
1TSXer: Do you use the Comptech supplied foam filter or have you replaced? Do you know of any pros/cons of doing so, if any?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
LI_NY_1 said:
1TSXer: Do you use the Comptech supplied foam filter or have you replaced? Do you know of any pros/cons of doing so, if any?
I just used the foam filter supplied by Comptech. I've got a K&N in my wife's 2004 Accord. I never really thought about swapping them out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
1TSXer said:
My Icebox went in yesterday, and your description is right on with a low growl. Feels a bit quicker but don't know if it is just the slight sound difference or slightly better throttle response. Either way I'm happy - subtle change in tone (for the better) above ~2,500 rpm, still dead quiet at idle, and $150. Perfect for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LI_NY_1 said:
My Icebox went in yesterday, and your description is right on with a low growl. Feels a bit quicker but don't know if it is just the slight sound difference or slightly better throttle response. Either way I'm happy - subtle change in tone (for the better) above ~2,500 rpm, still dead quiet at idle, and $150. Perfect for me.

I have a couple of questions for you. I see your TSX is AT. I have an 05' stock AT TSX. Can you describe the increased response. Is is at the low rpm range or more towards the 4k range? In other words is it any quicker out of the hole? I have also heard mention of a low growl with this add on. My TSX is a 2nd car for my family. Also a daily driver as I am a white collar guy. I occasionally have business associates in the car. Are they going to notice the "growl" How about the neighbors? This may seem kind of silly but what I liked about this product was that it did not have the characteristics of a traditional intake upgrade, i.e. noise.

Can you also describe your experience with the Comptech Sway Bar? I have mine in the trunk. Any adverse effects? If it helps I plan on keeping my car at stock height.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some background:

I'm not a "mod your car" guy. So I can't help with any real technical stuff, just completely subjective opinions here...

The icebox is probably only going to be noticed by someone who knows it was put in, on both the sound and the response. It is not a completely obvious from performance nor from the subdued growl. It basically is just slightly louder when opening it up and (I feel) slightly peppier throughout from dead stop through the range. I'm sure there are a few specific ranges of rpm's where there is no increase (or maybe even worse than stock) but overall, I'm happy with a small improvement across the majority of the spectrum.

I put the rear sway and the a-spec suspension on at the same time, so it is a little difficult for me to talk specifically about the effect that it alone will have. From everything I've read here from people much more experienced with cars than me, it seems liks a good mod with nary a downside in all but the most extreme conditions (probably debateable of course...).

My TSX is a 2nd family car and to just about everyone, the icebox, rear sway and aspec are only noticeable to me, which is exactly the way I want it.

But now I'm away from the board a few days and I hear that the hondata reflash is out for the AT. Hmm, this is another one that is very attractive to me cause I don't see much of a downside (I'm not going to blow my engine by revving past redline...) and it is all but impossible to know about except for me and maybe a Honda tech who looks for it...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yes LI, Come to the dark side...:devil:.

The Icebox is relatively Quiet, no one will really notice, and it does offer some gains, I have the K&N CAI, w/ is an Angry Elephant compaired to the Icebox...so if u want it to stay quiet, thats your best bet...

The Hondata Reflash is just ridiculous, im saving up money, hopefully july ill be able to buy one

·
Registered
125 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
Yes LI, Come to the dark side...:devil:.

Oh, you mean go to that other site??? hehe. kidding.
just finished reading some of the details of you and the larch history over there...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah that place is pretty messed up, im not going back there... well anyway, sound like ur pritty damn happy w/ the mods uve done so far, cant wait to check em out at the meet this summer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts