Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has the Comptech rear sway bar and has NOT lowered their TSX or changed any of the other suspenision. I have this bar and went to my local Acura dealership for installation. They were very concerned about possible oversteer so I held off until I could research further. Any feedback on this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
jamesveale said:
I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has the Comptech rear sway bar and has NOT lowered their TSX or changed any of the other suspenision. I have this bar and went to my local Acura dealership for installation. They were very concerned about possible oversteer so I held off until I could research further. Any feedback on this?
My TSX is still bonestock but Comptech rear swaybar is probably the first mod I'll make. From everything I've read, it actually reduces all the understeer in OEM form. I don't think it would cause oversteer.

By the way, I never thought of Acura dealer installing mods... what rates do they charge for installing? Do they say anything about voiding warranty or anything like that?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I got stock tsx at 1880 miles with progressive bar.. same 22mm but different company.. stock everything except bar. Dont have any oversteering problems so far..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't ask about rates and didn't care after I was told that Comptech parts were the only aftermarket ones they would treat same as OEM when it came to warranty issues. They also indicated that they would need to perform the work. Could be BS, but I would rather pay a little more on an install and not take the chance w/ the warranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
jamesveale said:
Didn't ask about rates and didn't care after I was told that Comptech parts were the only aftermarket ones they would treat same as OEM when it came to warranty issues. They also indicated that they would need to perform the work. Could be BS, but I would rather pay a little more on an install and not take the chance w/ the warranty.
Seems like the dealership you deal with would be super sticky when it comes to modding, even the simplest of mods. I'd advise you to beware of them and possibly even try to contact other Acura dealer in your area and maybe they would be less touchy.

I stole the follow post from Hondaman (he posted it in another thread about some CIA).

Hondaman said:
According to the Moss-Magnusson Warranty Act, a dealer can not deny a warranty claim unless they can definitively prove the aftermarket part caused the car malfunction. Below is the wording of the act.
Moss-Magnusson Warranty Act
(15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if: (1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and (2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts