Discussion Starter #1
Borrow from another thread..

In their catalog, page 12
http://www.comptechusa.com/images/comptech_2005.pdf

-

ACURA TSX SUPERCHARGER KIT
Comptech’s supercharger kit for the Acura TSX was designed to boost power in an
excellent chassis just asking for more.
• The kit uses a Roots type supercharger that provides a consistent boost increase
with engine RPM, giving instant throttle response and a steady increase in power
throughout the rev range.
• Included in the kit is a cast aluminum intake manifold, mounting brackets, pulleys,
belt tensioner, air intake tube, all necessary hardware and instructions.
• The kit is designed to bolt on with no modifications to the engine or car and is
50 state emissions legal.
• Add a Comptech Icebox cold air intake, header and exhaust system for
even more power.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
good to know that the aftermarket intakes can fit with the SC ..
i always thought they will make it comptech only .. :D

edit: wait .. i made a mistake .. ~ it porbably means ... it can only fit with comptech intakes only haha .. ~ yeah .. the pics looks like that ~

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah attcually that ive been wondering, would a Aftermarket CAI still work, or is it pritty much garbage if u get the supercharger? Noel? lol anyone kno

·
Registered
149 Posts
i don't see why cai's wouldn't work?

"Add a Comptech Icebox cold air intake, header and exhaust system for
even more power."

That's just their way of getting you to buy their products. ;)

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
The supercharger is going to change where the intake is placed. Usually cold air intakes are made so that they snake tightly around engine components and terminate in the wheel well or somewhere where "cool air" resides. I’m willing to bet that a CAI won’t fit with this S/C, but a short ram will do just fine.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
IRPDR said:
i don't see why cai's wouldn't work?

"Add a Comptech Icebox cold air intake, header and exhaust system for
even more power."

That's just their way of getting you to buy their products. ;)

see the part where it connects to the intake tube ? ..
comptech modify it to fit comptech parts only .. ~ :nono:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
JoeB18R said:
The supercharger is going to change where the intake is placed. Usually cold air intakes are made so that they snake tightly around engine components and terminate in the wheel well or somewhere where "cool air" resides. I’m willing to bet that a CAI won’t fit with this S/C, but a short ram will do just fine.
where i think this is not the case on TSX .. ~
TSX's CAI doesn't really snake raound the engine .. ~ it just has a longer tube than the SR set up .. ~ S/C doesn't block the space that SR or CAI needs .. ~ not even near it

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
look at the picture above. the intake is attached to a completly different area in the engine bay. I highly doubt your average CAI is going to fit properly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmmm..guess will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anybody know what the Comptech supercharger will do to:
1) gas consumption
2) powertrain reliability
3) can the 5AT tolerate the increase in torque?
4) does it invalidate the warranty?
5) will it require suspension or brake upgrades?

The TSX would really benefit from an extra 50WHP...

Thank you

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
1. gas consumption will denfintiely be highly .. ~
2. there shouldn't be any problem with the reliability but it will shorten the life for sure .. but it's long enough u wont able to keep the car that long i think ~
3.yeah .. ~ comptech said the S/C is also for AT .. ~ u probly have to mention it b4 the purchase
4.it's the same thing as any other bolt on parts .. u void the warrenty of the parts which u change and there is a chance they might blame the S/C for causing some other problems .. ~ but it's all depense on the dealer
5.no suspension or brake upgrades needed for a S/C ..~ but u might wanna do that for more aggressive driving :D

i heard it's around 60~70 crank hp ~

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also as I found out.. it has it's own ecu.. it will overwrite hondata ! so choose before purchasing.... i guess we'll find out more as it's release...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts