Acura TSX Forum banner

Comptech Springs Pics Call Out!!!

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  gbrandt19 
#1 ·
Can anybody with Comptech springs installed post or send me pics of their TSX?

Thanks.

#2 ·
There are actually two different part numbers that have been sold by Comptech for the TSX. #110-155 was the part number that Comptech originally spec'd for the TL, and since it also fits the TSX, Comptech was originally selling it for the TSX as well. But as it's designed for a heavier car, it doesn't drop the TSX very much. It was originally listed as a 1" drop, and pics I've seen of it installed seem to confirm it, but Comptech told me they were only getting around .75", so they came up with a new part # for the TSX, 110-160. This part number is still listed as a 1" drop, but they told me it's measuring out at 1.25" or more. i've seen posts stating as much as 1.75" for the 160, so who really knows?

All of these cars have Comptech springs; the only one that I saw the part # listed was the APB, with the earlier 155 spring. That looks like more than 1" drop to me.

#4 ·
Are you looking for better handling or just a lower stance? The A-Spec will not give you a much of a drop, but the handling increase is nice, along with decent ride. The old Comptech part number, 155, is probably the only spring on the market that would work decently with the factory struts. I've already seen a couple of posts regarding the new 160s with factory struts, and words like harsh and bouncy get mentioned. This is to be expected with a big drop on factory struts-they just can't take it. If you want to go lower than A-Spec or Comptech 155s, I would suggest a set of Konis to go with whatever spring you decide on.

#7 ·
gbrandt19 said:
Comptech #110-155( originally spec'd for the TL) anyond drove on these and was the ride really hard compared to stock ?

i am buying tl a-spec rims this spring just want to keep the ride as soft as possibe

I haven't driven either Comptech spring, but this is what I have found.....

Spring rate for the 110-155 is 315 F 160 R, give or take. Comptech matches their springs and labels them as well. This rate is around 15% more than stock and this spring doesn't lower the car a whole lot, around 1.25" or so. The ride with these and stock struts would in my opinion be better than any other spring you could buy.

I have not seen rates for the 110-160; but a couple people who bought them found a 1.75" drop, and a bouncy ride, most likely because the strut just couldn't dampen it.

#13 ·
Im looking to drop my car as well, I think the Eibach sportline springs will do it for me.. A nice 2 in drop hopefully... :D I saw some pics on the net with the eibach springs dropped on a TSX with 19z.. HOT

All i need is a good deal anyone know? Canada Montreal area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.