Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
maintainence-wise (accessary belt???) not too sure...
after installing the comptech supercharger, can the belt last for 8 years? if there is any worn out indicators on the belt, is it expensive for replacing just the belt(only)?

actually, I think this supercharging mod is very powerful. something like increasing 70whp at the wheel dyno, I'm not quite sure but some gains like that.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Here are some questions I would ask also. What is the psi output of the supercharger?

do you have to lower the compression ratio to overcome pre ignition

Can the transmission handle the increased torque

Reason I point this out is the grandprix gtp I had did have a supercharger with the 3.8l v6. This v6 was modified to handle the supercharger, like lower compression ratio, beefier bottom end. Also the transmission was at its limits in the torque area, so any work you did on the engine you had to be careful with the transmission (I think the max torque rating on the trans was 300 ft-lbs and the stock engine put out 280....)

any way food for thought

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Coolness! :thumbsup:

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
Yess!!! We Have Boost!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
johnej said:
Here are some questions I would ask also. What is the psi output of the supercharger?

do you have to lower the compression ratio to overcome pre ignition

Can the transmission handle the increased torque

Reason I point this out is the grandprix gtp I had did have a supercharger with the 3.8l v6. This v6 was modified to handle the supercharger, like lower compression ratio, beefier bottom end. Also the transmission was at its limits in the torque area, so any work you did on the engine you had to be careful with the transmission (I think the max torque rating on the trans was 300 ft-lbs and the stock engine put out 280....)

any way food for thought
I would have to say no to the lower compression as Comptech would not sell the kit as a complete if major mods such as that were necessary for proper working order.

As far as the trans goes, I'm not sure about the auto., but based on Honda's past the manuals should be alright. I've heard of insane 600hp drag cars running stock trannies with nothing but a new clutch/flywheel.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
I am dying to turbo my tsx. And I know that greddy came out with a turbo for the TL.If greddy comes out with one for the TSX, would it be safe to put it on mine without worrying about destroying my motor? And if i do turbo it, what other upgrades am i going to need to make the turbo as close to healthy for the car?

·
Registered
104 Posts
houstontsx said:
I am dying to turbo my tsx. And I know that greddy came out with a turbo for the TL.If greddy comes out with one for the TSX, would it be safe to put it on mine without worrying about destroying my motor? And if i do turbo it, what other upgrades am i going to need to make the turbo as close to healthy for the car?
you might want to vist clubrsx about the greddy kits some of them have had there cars catch on fire from that kit some how . david

·
Registered
149 Posts
houstontsx said:

main things to consider with turbo cars...awareness and maintenance

·
Registered
149 Posts
tsx on dubs said:
you might want to vist clubrsx about the greddy kits some of them have had there cars catch on fire from that kit some how . david
Do you have a link to those threads? Sounds interesting...

but anyways, GReddy IMO is top notch. If anything, those cars caught on fire due to lack of maintenance or improper installation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts