Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was out in New Jersey at a stop light and I saw a gorgeous black Acura TL(the old body style). I noticed what looked like possibly the car had been in an accident because both headlights were gone, but what was strange was there was absolutely no damage other than the headlights. Upon further investigation I discovered someone had STOLEN the headlights :shock: :shock:.

I live in Rockland County and I know there is an ongoing issue with people getting their headlights stolen out of Maxima's and the Lexus SUV. This is a concern for me because I am a soon to be owner of an Acura TSX and I don't want the stress and drama of worrying about not my car being stolen, but my headlights.

I haven't heard anything about headlight theft on the TL's and TSX's, but could this be because the TSX has only been out since 2004 and the TL's new body style also? If it isn't a problem could it possibly become a problem let's say 2 or 3 years down the line once there are a couple of years worth of 2004 + TL's and TSX's :spike: ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
heard on once other occasion about the TL Headlight, Havent heard about TSX Headlights, only TSX thing Ive heard of thats been Stolen is Rims, so Id get wheel locks if U havent allready... the TSX should be relitivly safe w/ the headlights from the design, not like the Altima at all (Altima HID's fit perfectly in the Maxima, and theres only 1 screw that holds them in, so they were Incredibly Easy to Steal and Sell)... so As Far As I know, there Shouldnt be a problem w/ the TSX headlights

·
Registered
105 Posts
well they are HIDs those are usually teh ones pple go for. I mean if ur worried about gettin stuff stolen i guess u should neve own anyhitng expense! come on now

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buff121523 said:
well they are HIDs those are usually teh ones pple go for. I mean if ur worried about gettin stuff stolen i guess u should neve own anyhitng expense! come on now

Buff121523

People steal anything whether expensive or not. So really what u said made absolutely no sense!!!:tardsmash

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
I think people steal the TL lights because they fit on the older generations and from what I've heard, even some Accords can be outfitted with them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Haven't seen a case of it happening yet. Plus theres so much aftermarket out ther for it it's not such a big demand item anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow - I had never heard of such a thing. I was going to say 'only in NJ' but I don't believe that is the case from the other posts in here. I have heard many silly things stollen - just recently an article appeared in a local paper about an alarm company having been broken into and their security system was stollen - nothing else was touched - obviously by someone wanting to prove a point.

The question that is not answered yet - how easy is it to rip out the TSX headlights?
The other question I have - how easy is it to steal rims even with locking nuts?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
XST said:
- how easy is it to rip out the TSX headlights?
The other question I have - how easy is it to steal rims even with locking nuts?
Headlights are in there pretty good... its doable but a pain in the @$$.... so there prob not gonna get stolen....

Rims however, I know for a fact have been stolen on occasions, id get the wheel locks, they dont do too much, but they can at least make an amateur think twice before trying to take your rims

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Mine came with the wheel locks... And i haven't heard of anyone stealing the headlights either...

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'm assuming you're talking about a 99 TL, my friend owns one and said the hid fits the civics. they changed in later model years. i heard the tsx's hid only fit other tsx. let me know if i'm wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts