Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to heavy demand, we began working with P2R a while back to get a downpipe/j-pipe combination available on the market for the 08+ 4-Cylinder Accord. This will be of stainless steel construction and deleted the catalytic converter for optimal performance. We recently (thanks to our tester) were also able to confirm that this is a direct bolt-up for the 09+ TSX i4! :thumbsup:

Dyno of Performance Gains on i4 Accord Sedan EX:

*Please note similar to the TB spacer, this dyno was done on an automatic based on mph so please disregard the RPM's*

Stock Pipe vs P2R Pipe

Prototype Pipe

Installation Instructions

Installed Pipe:

·
-
1,560 Posts
Hmmm, no offense Throwdown but isn't the flexpipe in the wrong spot on the new downpipe?

On the original downpipe, the flexpipe is between the hanger & the engine allowing the engine to move but keeping the rest of the exhaust system attached to the chassis.
But on your replacement pipe, the downpipe & the engine is directly attached to the chassis via the hanger & the rest of the exhaust system is allowed to move via the flexpipe.

Is the stock downpipe small & restrictive? If not why not just design a bolt in delete pipe for that secondary cat? ie. a test pipe.

Again, no offense, just trying to understand...

The gains are impressive according to that dyno chart.

Anything for 04-08's?

The 2009+ exhaust system is completely different than the 04-08's. Integrated header, 2 catalytic converters, etc, etc.
This type of downpipe would not apply to the 04-08's.

There is already tons of exhaust options (headers/testpipe/HFC) for the 04-08's.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hmmm, no offense Throwdown but isn't the flexpipe in the wrong spot on the new downpipe?

On the original downpipe, the flexpipe is between the hanger & the engine allowing the engine to move but keeping the rest of the exhaust system attached to the chassis.
But on your replacement pipe, the downpipe & the engine is directly attached to the chassis via the hanger & the rest of the exhaust system is allowed to move via the flexpipe.

Is the stock downpipe small & restrictive? If not why not just design a bolt in delete pipe for that secondary cat? ie. a test pipe.

The 2009+ exhaust system is completely different than the 04-08's. Integrated header, 2 catalytic converters, etc, etc.
This type of downpipe would not apply to the 04-08's.

There is already tons of exhaust options (headers/testpipe/HFC) for the 04-08's.
I'm aware, just a question.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thought I replied to this but must have not hit the reply button. No offense taken at all :) it's what we are here for.

The flex pipe is shifted slightly down on the pipe due to the removal of the test pipe to put it onto a more neutral spot on the pipe. There is no negative effects to this and the rubber bushings for the hangers are what absorb the great majority. There could potentially be an issue if there was no flex section and all absorbing/flex were taken by the hangers themselves, but the flex pipe location has no negative affect.

Good question on the test pipe as well, difficult to see until installed in person but the downpipe section is a bit higher off of the ground for clearance and is much lighter than stock so it is another component that adds benefit. I'm not sure how much benefit would have come from the dp or the test pipe alone, which is why we opted to build them together as the downpipe section is relatively small on the part to give the best gains.

Also, this does not cause a CEL and only adds minor depth into the exhaust but nothing major. There are also no exhaust gas smells as your other cats are still fully intact.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My average for the past tank has actually gone up, will need to do a few more tanks to really solidify, but I don't floor it at every chance either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully the finished version looks a little cleaner. Those welds are a little rough and piping looks all rusted. They charge enough to give you a better product than in those pics.

Does anybody have a pics of the finished product?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree. It just so happened that I had the money to blow and Im glad I did. I spent nearly as much on the Takeda SRI and I didnt notice any difference except sound. With this piece I can definitely feel it pull harder.
Maybe down the road when they have sold more and competitors are offering the same part they will come down in price.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
MPG? How would the fuel economy be affected by this mod?
I had a similar pipe on my 2K1 Maxima, (Warpspeed Y pipe), MPG went up by 1-2 , and HP was up by 10+. sounded awesome, and had great low end torque. Was hoping for something similar for TSX, besides header.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does the car sound louder or about the same as before the mod?
About the same.

With Takeda SRI and DP
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mq2Zqe02Zq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With only SRI
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NsnO3iQiOI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts