Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was musing the other day on my car situation. I was wondering why I have a four door car if my fiancee' has one (2011 Accord.) We both don't want kids, so I technically don't need a sedan as well. I'm paying $300 a month for my TSX, and while I don't NEED the money, it's still something I've been considering. Especially since Tuesday... I test drove an RSX Type-S. I fell in love with it.

Since this IS an Acura forum, has anyone had any experience with the RSX? I'm sure it would make a good daily driver, and they can be had for a good price from what I've researched. Thoughts?

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
If you like Hondas and Acuras, have u considered the s2000?
Nice balanced FR setup and handles well. If I didn't need back seats, I would go s2k over the rsx-s. Generally, FR cars are more fun :)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The RSX is a solid buy, and it would make a great all year round daily driver. Take a look at the S2000 as well but it's really a summer car only.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
What they said! S2K all the way, especially if you don't get much snow. RSX-S are solid cars and the 8k redline is addicting. Cousin and close friend own RSX-S one is full race turbo'd and the other SC'd, but even stock they were fun.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How old are you? I loved my civic si when i was 20. Now 30 it just doesn't' appeal to me anymore. I like the creature comforts and heated seats and stuff. Plus i found real thrill driving comes on 2 wheels.

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be 27 in less than two months. I love S2000's but wouldn't want one as my daily driver. I think the RSX-S is a classy sports coupe. The Si's still look a bit too boy-racer for me.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
If u want to talk about classy...the s2k shits all over the rsx in terms of class imo :dunno:

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
BMW 335 ;) but if were talking RSX vs S2000 then I would pick S2000 unless your kinda tall. Best thing to do would be to test drive both of them.

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shall repeat... lol. I DON'T want an S2000, or any convertible, as my daily driver. They are an absolute BLAST to drive, but not every day. I most DEFINITELY don't want a Bimmer.... or anything German for that matter. I don't like anything from Germany for various reasons (plus the idea is to save money, not spend thousands on repairs and parts ;). I was really wanting to know if any of you have any experience with RSX-S's. It seemed pretty solid, so I was just wanting your opinions.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
How many miles do you drive and are you looking for comfort or something that will handle a bit?

As far as the rsx-s goes I love it. It was my dream car in high school. Good strong proven motor. The only thing that made me want the civic si over the rsx is the factory equipped LSD, but I do agree with your statement on it's stereotypical looks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nothing against the RSX Type S but if you want something classy might as well just keep the TSX. You might save some on car payments but your insurance might increase. How long till you pay off your car anyway?

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
I shall repeat... lol. I DON'T want an S2000, or any convertible, as my daily driver. They are an absolute BLAST to drive, but not every day. I most DEFINITELY don't want a Bimmer.... or anything German for that matter. I don't like anything from Germany for various reasons (plus the idea is to save money, not spend thousands on repairs and parts ;). I was really wanting to know if any of you have any experience with RSX-S's. It seemed pretty solid, so I was just wanting your opinions.

Well here's the thing, you're the only one that truly knows what you want..You like the RSX-Type-S then get one and sell the TSX simple as that..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here's my $.02. I had a 04 rsx type s. I got rid of it for my tsx 6spd. Let me tell you if I had to go back in time I would have kept it and went balls out on it. I loved it. The interior was about only about a step or two down from the tsx. If your not starting a family anytime soon get the type s. Preferably 05-06, they have the better cams and better gearing. In my opinion it was the last real honda as we know before all of that DBW (drive by wire) crap.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Well here's the thing, you're the only one that truly knows what you want..You like the RSX-Type-S then get one and sell the TSX simple as that..
Well said!
OP just wants someone to say "go get the rsx" or something.
OP just go test drive one and you will have your answer...hows that?!

·
Registered
714 Posts
is the interior on the rsx-s the same as the jdm dc5 interior?

ive never much liked the interior on the dc5, seems to plastic for my liking. thats the only thing that i dont like about them.

also i have no idea what engine is in your rsx-s ? isit a propper k20? i just know the gear ratios are bassically the same as my ukdm cl9 with the 4.3 final drive and the gears in mine are just so long.

but i would still have my cl9 over the dc5 just as i feel its a better all rounder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts