Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04.tsx with an aftermarket android screen for over a year. Everything works fine until I decide to play around the the 12V outlet by the heated seat switches. I ended up tripping the 15Aoutlet fuse, and since I was scared to take another 15A fuse out of something else 'crucial' I took a 20A fuse from the power seats and put it in the outlet fuse. I thought "it'll be ok" (Stupid decision)
Now the climate control buttons and the overhead blue courtesy lights don't light up anymore.
Some still light up green when you press recirc etc.
I obviously now replaced with the correct 15A fuse. I checked all the fuses, including the 15A one on the back of the screen, the outlets now work, everything works but the climate lights and the overhead lights.
Almost as if the car is stuck in 'daytime' mode even with the headlights on.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Now that you have the correct fuse you can try replacing the overhead bulbs. If you allowed too much current through with the 20A fuse you may have blown the bulbs. It's worth a try.

This is assuming that you now have power to those areas. A quick check with a multimeter can verify that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/SOLVED/ I got a clue when I drove to the city at night and a friend pointed out my taillights were not working :( I managed to drive home 2 hrs at night without getting a ticket lol. checked all the fuses again, and the 'small light' fuse in the engine bay fusebox had blown. replaced now and everything works!!! thanks for the pointers everyone, I hadn't thought to check the fuse box under the hood because I thought all interior fuses were in the interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts