Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-navi car, and two weeks ago I started to notice that the center console lights started to flicker when I had my headlights on. At first I thought it was because the light sensor on the dashboard determined that it was too light to have the interior lights on, but one week later the console light only flicker on for one second before disappearing - even when it is pitch black outside. It's tough to see where the temperature control and radio buttons at night when it is dark now and I was thinking of bringing it to the dealer. The nearest dealer for me is quite a drive away, and I was wondering if any of you guys had this kind of problem. I have plugged in electronics into the cigarette lighter in the center console, but all of those were designed for cars so I don't think it was more than the car can handle. I've only had my car for about half a year - anything I can do before I take it to the dealer?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sounds like either a bulb needs replacement or there isn't enough voltage/current running. Try a replacement bulb, if that doesn't help. Your dealership is your next move.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Maurice said:
Taking my TSX tomorrow. Here is the Service Link

http://*************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13781
Happened to me this morning, as a matter of fact. The entire center console (clock, radio and HVAC) went black. Brought it in to the dealer. They're ordering a new audio unit (of course, they never have anything in stock...). Pain in the ass driving the TSX around in the dark though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts