1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nice, but why are the brakes rated so badly for the tsx? Mine are okay(no name replaced by the dealer), but I don't see a lot of people complaining about them here.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear brake pads wear too fast.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I kind of have to agree, our oem brakes is so so, it needs improvement.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
the 09 had a rear brake pad settlement lawsuit, i guess the 1st gen had pretty bad brakes too?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Brakes

Brakes are a common complaint even for the current Acura reviews ... My 2004 rear brakes lasted 6 years & 65,000 miles ... which I would like to think is good but I am no expert on the subject matter. Front ones are still doing OK.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I replaced mine around 40+K and had mine replaced at the dealership, sorta regret it because I could have saved money and gotten a much better rotors and pads (aftermarket) and save money. But back then I didn't know anything about the prices of aftermarket rotors and pads.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
IMO, Brake wear is dependent on each person driving style. Some people are hard on their brakes, and some aren't...

·
Registered
572 Posts
IMO, Brake wear is dependent on each person driving style. Some people are hard on their brakes, and some aren't...
agreed. another variable is whether the driver does a lot of city driving (stop and go), or highway (cruising or stop-and-go traffic).

to the OP, thanks for that post. Prior to even reading threads/posts about our brakes, I felt like my brakes were not biting hard enough.

I remember reading an article in Motor Trend, and it was comparing three cars, with one of them being a CTS-V. Obviously, it was modded, and that included the brake system. The article stated how the brakes were so good that there was an incident where OnStar thought the CTS-V got into a collision.
That was a huge tangent, but when I read that, i thought "dang that's pretty dope". I would never need that kind of stopping power, but whatevs.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I consider my brakes (08 TSX) a piece of shit. I'm about to replace all rotors and pads now with non OEM parts to see if it gets better. And I don't mean brake performance but they just warp like crazy and rear pads wear too quickly.

The TSX is my first car that has had warped rotors. And it's done that multiple times in just 33K miles. Other cars I had up to 60 or 70K miles never had a warped rotor.

Everything else about the TSX is great though. So the graph does look right that brake is the only problematic part of the TSX.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My rear pads were gone @ 30k. While I agree that driver style will absolutely play a role, my particular 'style' of driving yielded me 60k miles AT LEAST in my integra, civic, etc.

And if style were the only factor (it is not), then how is it that front pads have much more meat on them at the same mileage point.

Fact is, the rear brake pads are crap.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
I got car from Carmax in VA, which is supposed to double VA standards, yet the front rotors were warped like mad. Luckily, I was within the 30 replace anything warranty and they resurfaced all of the rotors and all pads. Brakes awesome since. They said they were Acura rotors and some generic semi-metallic pads. I think our stopping power is pretty good though. 11.8" rotors 28mm wide? That's nothing to sneeze at.

For replacing rotors, I would only use Brembo, NAPA Ultra Premium, or maybe Acura.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts