Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished filling out the survey from Consumer Reports for my TSX (and for my wife's 04 Odyssey). I had hoped to check off only the highest response for each question. Unfortunately, I had to rate the TSX less than perfect for two.

The first is, no surprise, rattles. I've taken the car to the dealer 3 times to fix the rattles (purchased 3/28/03) and not one has been eliminated or even reduced. I just had them try again 2 weeks ago and zero improvement. The dealer says they have not heard about any rattle problems with the TSX, which I find hard to believe.

I also rated the dealer experience as "mostly satisfied" instead of "very satisfied." This is a result of my experience with one dealership that wanted my deposit but couldn't even tell me if they could get the car I wanted first. I ended up driving 2 hours to Lexington to buy my car and I'm the one who made the phone calls to find it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this car but felt I had to answer honestly. Maybe a bad score for hardware (rattles) in CR will get Acura's attention and they will fix the problems.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I don't blame you! This is what these survey's are for.
I had a nightmare of a time with my dealer on my 04 TL experience, and you can bet that the survey reflects that!!
On the other hand, I have so far (knocks on wood) had nothing but a great experience with my TSX. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I filled out one of those CR surveys last year three months after I bought the TSX. I told them about the problems my TSX had. I took my TSX back to the dealer three times last summer to get the rattling fixed as well as broken power drivers seat, broken clock, broken power rear leftside window, it got stuck in down position and wouldn't go back up.

My dealership experience wasn't that great compared to the Infiniti I used to drive. I had to be honest on the survey. Now my TSX is fine, no rattles and electrical problems.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
^^^ Holly smokes!!! :eek:
I am glad you were able to get everything taken care of :)
I on the other hand ended up selling my TL back to Acura as a lemon, and now I am very happy in my TSX :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing that concerns me about those Consumer Reports surveys....will every negative thing we say about our cars (no matter what make or model) cause the resale value of ours cars to go down?

Also, a car like a TSX is an enthusiasts car and we are a picky bunch when it comes to flaws (even minor ones) with our cars. A guy who is happy to buy a Kia is not as picky (obviously) and so doesn't report all the little problems we might. Seems like these factors can skew a survey.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I would hope that the surveys would not bring the resale value of the TSX down, but instead force the dealer's to get their act together, and solve the problem's.
Maybe wishful thinking :donno:

·
Orangeblood
136 Posts
Interesting.

My TSX is 27536. Seems I have driven over some bone-rattling pavement here in Dallas. When you have the moonroof "cracked" the pops are annoying as hell, but it hasn't sprung anything loose rattlewise *crossing fingers*.

Maybe they have made progress on the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts