Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2004 Consumer Reports Annual Questionnaire and Ballot form via postal mail.

In it, it's got 5 sections: Automobiles, Electronics, Health and Fitness, Appliances, Home and Design. CR would like me to score them based on my personal experiences and send the survey back to them.

It's the first time I've received it. Do people really take this survey seriously and send it back? I can see how people's comments and scores can help CR determine the reliability/repair ratings of various products.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I did a bad.

I got mine a couple of days ago. And I just threw it right into the garbage, without even opening it..... because that was when it wasn't looking very good for my TSX, and so I knew that if I was gonna fill it out, I'd have to say bad stuff. And I didn't want to do that.

So I threw it away. :(

If I got it 2 days later, I would have filled it out.

I'm sure a lot of people throw it out, although usually for other reasons, like being too busy or not caring. But I'm sure many people do take it seriously, CR takes it seriously, and the results are important.

So -- please fill it out for the both of us. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I would have said some bad things about my TSX if I received it last summer cuz of all the reoccuring problems that kept developing in my TSX. These problems were fixed or replaced under warranty. However, now I like my car and wouldn't say anything bad about it.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Our two newest cars are both Honda products and I have NO boxes to check on the questionaire!

This is a lifetime FIRST!

:D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
I would have said some bad things about my TSX
Oh, just let me get a hold of one of those so I can do a little write up on the TL :devil:
BTW, is that the questionnaire where they give you a dollar?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joker said:
BTW, is that the questionnaire where they give you a dollar?
Nope, it did not come with a dollar. Instead, it came with a little note. It states that sending these questionnaires cost CR over $700,000. They want me to consider giving them a donation of $6 or more to cover this cost. :rolleyes:

I did once receive a whopping $5 from TV Rating survey via postal mail (Nelson TV Ratings) for writing down which TV shows I've watched over a week. I filled it out and returned the survey. Easiest $5 I ever earned.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
larchmont said:
I'm sure a lot of people throw it out, although usually for other reasons, like being too busy or not caring. But I'm sure many people do take it seriously, CR takes it seriously, and the results are important.

So -- please fill it out for the both of us. :D
I think I'll do just that. I'll fill it out and send it back to them for the TSX and the Mazda.

Both the TSX and the Mazda has exceeded all my expectations so they will both get very high marks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you get on the mailing list to get one of those surverys? I've never received one :mad: I would fill out the consumer reports one.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
TSXtc said:
How do you get on the mailing list to get one of those surverys? I've never received one :mad: I would fill out the consumer reports one.
I think you have to be a subscriber of Consumer Reports, either the magazine or online, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, this is their website:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/home.jsp

Y'all are really making me feel like a dumbass for throwing mine away!

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
larchmont said:
I think you have to be a subscriber of Consumer Reports, either the magazine or online, but I'm not sure.
I believe this is true. I've gotten a whole lot of junk mail from CR before but this is the first time I've gotten something worthy. . . a survey that I can contribute to.

larchmont said:
Y'all are really making me feel like a dumbass for throwing mine away!
Hey, you said it, not me. :devil: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts